Exeem Has Been Released (0.20 Public)

Any word on the eXeem Internet Explorer Toolbar? What does it look like? What is it used for?

585333381[/snapback]

Just sounds like more adware to me, so i left that bit out lol.

There are no ads on my eXeem, just black patches :shifty:

Anyone caught with eXeem Lite will be banned from the network. I asked JWolf (main man at Novastream.org) and thats what he said.

585333226[/snapback]

No very de-centralised is it:rolleyes:s:

Any word on the eXeem Internet Explorer Toolbar? What does it look like? What is it used for?

585333381[/snapback]

Didnt install it, best not to... Its already having bad reputation with Adware, best not to install it.

How can they detect if you're using Exeem Lite?

585333358[/snapback]

I think Cydoor requires a connection. So if they find your IP connected to a tracker, and not to Cydoor, you will be banned.

Not sure, but I think that is how it works....

I just scanned with Ad-Aware SE and I found no Cydoor on my computer.

I think these Beta versions don't have Cydoor. Only the final release.

eXeem lite is in the the new Files list in exeem lmao i seen it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

585333620[/snapback]

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

yes im sure everyone that has installed it has seen it :rolleyes:

cydoor is NOT spyware. it is ADware

there is a huge difference.

alls it means is that there are ads displayed within the program, just like when you used to see ads at the top of suprnova...

585333275[/snapback]

How are they similar?

You try to make it sound as if adwares were a good thing. Adwares may or may not gather/send various information. Adwares may or may not be easy to uninstall. Adwares are usually mentionned in the user-agreemnt which nobody reads because they are 30 pages long and they never provide an uninstaller but if they do, it never works (makes sense huh).

If Cydoor wasn't that evil, they'd provide an uninstaller that works and not make the user silently run cd_load.exe and have their dll's lying around in your windows system folder which you have to clean up using 3rd party tools or manually.

Ads seen on a website are easily removed by cleaning your browser cache and cookies. That's it.

So i ask you again: How are the ads you see in a program provided by Cydoor the same as the ads you see on a website? Yeah that's what I thought :sleep: