Exeem Has Been Released (0.20 Public)

Can't connect. :(

20:51 node request failed, retrying in 5 minutes

585333759[/snapback]

same here this sucks, its prolly a firewall issue or something, testers should test on all firewalls if it connects to the net. Its just common sense. :no: *Uninstalls*

sorry if i?m TOTALLY of topic but is there a file-sharing program that is like for a group of people , like friends ?

Thankz in advance

btw thumbs for eXeem

585333900[/snapback]

Passworded FTP server ? :huh::

As a rule of thumb, the words "popular" and "P2P" not good together. Personally, I would recommend staying FAR away from this. Using crap like this gets you real close to being sued by RIAA or MPAA.

585333861[/snapback]

MPAA goes after trackers.

RIAA goes mostly after the big users/nodes sharing a ****load of today's music like pop stuff PARAPAPAPA THEy'RE LOVIN IN.

Assuming eXeem is decentralized (at least that's what they say), how is less safe from using such a network over something centralized like downloading torrents off a http tracker that logs everything in and out.

Nevertheless, I only use opensource p2p clients because they are clean and the most tweakable like azureus or emule. It's also fun to mess around with their source and see how they pull off some things :laugh:

Anyone caught with eXeem Lite will be banned from the network. I asked JWolf (main man at Novastream.org) and thats what he said.

585333226[/snapback]

Ooh, the threats already coming;);)

Just because they have that attitude, I guess I'll risk getting banned then.

It's not like there aren't alternatives to exeem anyway. *looks in the direction of TPB*

Besides, if they need to even *check* the client validity online to allow users to use it, it sounds like a strange decentralized network?:huh:h:

Edited by Jugalator

sorry if i?m TOTALLY of topic but is there a file-sharing program that is like for a group of people , like friends ?

Thankz in advance

btw thumbs for eXeem

585333900[/snapback]

Set up a Direct Connect hub for you and your friends?

A dll hash somewhere in the exe it checks against that needs to be "updated"? :)

But yeah, I guess it was kinda expected if they were serious about it :-/

Oh well, will use regular torrents for now.

MPAA goes after trackers.

RIAA goes mostly after the big users/nodes sharing a ****load of today's music like pop stuff PARAPAPAPA THEy'RE LOVIN IN.

Assuming eXeem is decentralized (at least that's what they say), how is less safe from using such a network over something centralized like downloading torrents off a http tracker that logs everything in and out.

Nevertheless, I only use opensource p2p clients because they are clean and the most tweakable like azureus or emule. It's also fun to mess around with their source and see how they pull off some things :laugh:

585333949[/snapback]

I think he meant that centralized trackers are safer for the downloaders, since only the trackers will probably get busted, if even that (a whole lot of trackers are still online, some very large). If you decentralize the thing, *AA are now forced to go after actual downloaders. Still with a small chance of course since they're so many, but I think that was what he meant anyway. I don't see a reason trackers should log everything either? Of course, they probably could if they wanted to, just like Suprnova could add code to exeem to report usage. I doubt it's in their interest though. ;)

I dont know what u guys are talking about , I just went to the Exeem site and got it in 25 seconds...Any way for the Exeem Program its self....I don't Like it..Im going to stick to Lime wire Pro,and Torrent Reactor.

Thankz in advance

btw thumbs for eXeem

585333900[/snapback]

kdx mabey?