That's funny, but why so random?

Bushrat

* Humps computer*

*Creams pants over exeem *

oohhh, the warez sensation :D

riahc3

exeem://25/c2edfe5dc2183d7fa3d90d395077cbddaa3731c8/eXeem0.20.exe

Lets see if it works :yes:

BTW IM getting very fast speeds on downloads. Nice. The only problem there is no Preview feature which they will HAVE to put in to make it tottally Kazaa style and it will be better to rate files.

Liquid

BTW IM getting very fast speeds on downloads. Nice. The only problem there is no Preview feature which they will HAVE to put in to make it tottally Kazaa style and it will be better to rate files.

585334581[/snapback]

Torrents download in random order so It would be really hard to show a proper preview.

Blahsted

Anyone ever thought this might be a setup? Just curious....

Maxious

585334581[/snapback]

00:10 tracker for 'exeem0.20.exe' failed: 'tracker: "http://127.0.0.1:0/announce" connection refused'

is this the bittorrent eqivilant of linking images from file://c/My%20Documents/ ;)

Maxious
Anyone ever thought this might be a setup? Just curious....

585334612[/snapback]

entrapment???

ENTRAPMENT - A person is 'entrapped' when he is induced or persuaded by law enforcement officers or their agents to commit a crime that he had no previous intent to commit; and the law as a matter of policy forbids conviction in such a case.

However, there is no entrapment where a person is ready and willing to break the law and the Government agents merely provide what appears to be a favorable opportunity for the person to commit the crime. For example, it is not entrapment for a Government agent to pretend to be someone else and to offer, either directly or through an informer or other decoy, to engage in an unlawful transaction with the person. So, a person would not be a victim of entrapment if the person was ready, willing and able to commit the crime charged in the indictment whenever opportunity was afforded, and that Government officers or their agents did no more than offer an opportunity.

On the other hand, if the evidence leaves a reasonable doubt whether the person had any intent to commit the crime except for inducement or persuasion on the part of some Government officer or agent, then the person is not guilty.

In slightly different words: Even though someone may have [sold drugs], as charged by the government, if it was the result of entrapment then he is not guilty. Government agents entrapped him if three things occurred:

- First, the idea for committing the crime came from the government agents and not from the person accused of the crime.

- Second, the government agents then persuaded or talked the person into committing the crime. Simply giving him the opportunity to commit the crime is not the same as persuading him to commit the crime.

- And third, the person was not ready and willing to commit the crime before the government agents spoke with him.

On the issue of entrapment the government must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant was not entrapped by government agents.

Blahsted

My thoughts exactly, I mean I could be absolutely wrong but it is a possibility.

Southern Patriot
i thought i heard there was gonna be a mac version too... :huh:

585333418[/snapback]

Yeah, that sucks. Take an open source file sharing protocol that is supported on multiple platforms, modify it, and release a Windows-only, Adware filled version. That is just plain lame.

Slimy
*looks in the direction of TPB*

585334053[/snapback]

wat's that?

Larney

God, where is eXeem Lite when you need it :/

Liquid
God, where is eXeem Lite when you need it :/

585334659[/snapback]

Im working im workin geez :p

NienorGT

Za! New thing to beat Kazaa in Spyware?

Blah... Forget it...

*look at is second "testing" os* :ninja:

betadan

how can people download and install a program that they know full well has spyware?

it just doesn't make sense

Bushrat
how can people download and install a program that they know full well has spyware?

it just doesn't make sense

585334709[/snapback]

Get over it, people have mentioned spyware enough.

Actaully its adware to be technically correct.

Get it right :rolleyes:

Larney
Im working im workin geez :p

585334675[/snapback]

Haha, that got something :p

Bushrat, you get over it? Shut up as I don't care if you infect your computer with this trash but I AM NOT!

Michael_C
all i have to say so far, is that they're site is very well made :yes:

585333770[/snapback]

Although its a bit heavy on images which makes it hard on the server, was a bit silly doing that the day of the public release.

MPAA goes after trackers.

RIAA goes mostly after the big users/nodes sharing a ****load of today's music like pop stuff PARAPAPAPA THEy'RE LOVIN IN.

Assuming eXeem is decentralized (at least that's what they say), how is less safe from using such a network over something centralized like downloading torrents off a http tracker that logs everything in and out.

585333949[/snapback]

But it works by making everyone a tracker doesn't it? :huh:

Bushrat
Although its a bit heavy on images which makes it hard on the server, was a bit silly doing that the day of the public release.

But it works by making everyone a tracker doesn't it? :huh:

585334732[/snapback]

Yes.

BryanChung

i am so excited to try this! :)

Andrew Lyle

right now it's so small, and not alot of people have jumped on the banwaggon. it needs a NEW interface for 1.0 They need to add more options JUST LIKE KAZAA and Warez. that is why they are so big! eXeem isn't gonna be populated for another month, maybe more? and hopefully all the attention goes to this one sharing program. making it like kazaa use to be, huge and good.

I hope to see more and better things from eXeem, but right now, i give the program over all an F

-Lack of users (nothing they can do tho)

-Lack of content (nothing they can do tho)

-UGLY interface

-Looks poorly scripted compared to there website, which is also crummy. (graphics are good, text such simple text. nothing big. needs more images.

-Sucks so far, nothing impressive

Liquid

Now not only does the eXeem have adware and stuff, but also reports fo trojans... Ill get lite out ASAP!

Monkeh

With the experiences I've had with cydoor in the past, I wouldn't touch this with a 10m pole.

G0 j00 Liquid :D (Y)

Prosidius

I don't notice any ads in eXeem. Does the lite version make downloads faster because of no ads?

Liquid
I don't notice any ads in eXeem.  Does the lite version make downloads faster because of no ads?

585334780[/snapback]

Nope that would be umpossible :laugh:

vertigosity
Get over it, people have mentioned spyware enough.

Actaully its adware to be technically correct.

Get it right   :rolleyes:

585334725[/snapback]

And just how do you think "adware" gathers its information to give you "targetted, relevant advertising"? The difference between spyware and adware is an irrelevant piece of minutiae. They are the same thing, programs installed on your machine to do evil things. End of story.