Exeem Has Been Released (0.20 Public)

Malisk
and hopefully all the attention goes to this one sharing program

585334768[/snapback]

No way; hopefully it goes to another app, as long as they have all this junk going on in their client.

Jeez, did I hear trojan reports? :ninja:

@vertigosity: according to exeem.com, it doesn't target ads, just report anonymous viewing statistics... As in X people viewed ad Y. I still don't want adware junk in my system though. ;) It's totally unnecessary and have absolutely zero reason to be there.

vertigosity

Yep. And if it's possible to report "anonymous viewing statistics" all it takes is a few file alterations on whatever server they're (not currently) targetting ads to people from, and boom, instant tracking. Not to mention if it's the same Cydoor I saw back in the Kazaa days, it uses IE to render the ads, which, frankly, I find just as distasteful, but that's a flame war for another forum ;)

BryanChung

Anyway won't ad-aware get rid of these?

Dinggus

why are people installing Virtual PC or VMWare?!? and i'll wait until liquid comes out with lite, i dont want no garbage on my PC ;\

Malisk

Temporarily, yes. Once you start eXeem again, it should reinstall Cydoor. :no:

BryanChung

oh okie ... no wonder ...

Kupo-Cheer

I'll wait for the lite version even if I get banned for using it. I just refuse to willingly pump adware into my computer, especially since exeem will keep reinstalling it.

scaramonga
You dont need someone to get rid of the ads you fools, just use an anti spyware program to remove cydoor  :)

MSantispyware does it well

Really?.............till u connect again.........and Cydoor will return....... :yes:

Liger

Liquid! Hurry up already with that lite :crazy: :angry:

LOL :rofl: :woot:

Liquid

I cant find a trace of cydoor in this 0.20 Maybe its replaced with a trojan to check who is using lite or not ? I cant even find cydoor with a scan. I dont think there is cydoor in 0.20 :s Lite is going to have to wait. Sorry everyone :s

Liger
I cant find a trace of cydoor in this  0.20  Maybe its replaced with a trojan to check who is using lite or not ?  I cant even find cydoor with a scan.  I dont think there is cydoor in 0.20 :s  Lite is going to have to wait.  Sorry everyone :s

585334843[/snapback]

:blink: :o :no:

Look at my post in like pg 3 or something it shows the cydoor detected by adaware ;)

Liquid

[quote name='Liger?' date='Jan 21 2005, 17:23:blink:k: :o:o&nbsp:no:o:

Look at my post in like pg 3 or something it shows the cydoor detected by adawar;);)

585334848[/snapback]

That may be from 0.18 because I am finding jack **** in 0.2:s:s

Liger

Ill take a shot at it, Maybe I figure out the lite ;)

Liger
That may be from 0.18 because I am finding jack **** in 0.20 :s

585334852[/snapback]

Nope did that after installing 0.20 and b4 it I had cleaned it so ;)

Slimy

must say it's pretty good, but some useful features are missing, where can we submit stuff..

Prosidius

To add stuff goto File --->Publish File Pack

vertigosity

@Liquid: Maybe they licensed the source and compiled it directly into the exeem executable? That seems unlikely, but it could be possible.

Bushrat
@Liquid: Maybe they licensed the source and compiled it directly into the exeem executable? That seems unlikely, but it could be possible.

585334899[/snapback]

i doubt it

Slipdisc210
That's funny, but why so random?

585334561[/snapback]

Well, if not, then it would not really be random. But yeah, whacked. Poor rice.

icetohot
I cant find a trace of cydoor in this  0.20  Maybe its replaced with a trojan to check who is using lite or not ?  I cant even find cydoor with a scan.  I dont think there is cydoor in 0.20 :s  Lite is going to have to wait.  Sorry everyone :s

585334843[/snapback]

I found it, it's still in the client.dll :)

Harsh!
must say it's pretty good, but some useful features are missing, where can we submit stuff..

585334883[/snapback]

Suprnova Forums

I think are taking bug reports\features\feedback

troGGers

Yeah its definately still there.

djdigital

noname6es.jpg

23tk.jpg

The Cydoor Was Located:c:\windows\system32\adcache

Came Up Right After Exeem Install, Clean System Prior.

:no:

Edited by djdigital