Exeem Has Been Released (0.20 Public)

and hopefully all the attention goes to this one sharing program

585334768[/snapback]

No way; hopefully it goes to another app, as long as they have all this junk going on in their client.

Jeez, did I hear trojan reports? :ninja:

@vertigosity: according to exeem.com, it doesn't target ads, just report anonymous viewing statistics... As in X people viewed ad Y. I still don't want adware junk in my system though. ;) It's totally unnecessary and have absolutely zero reason to be there.

Yep. And if it's possible to report "anonymous viewing statistics" all it takes is a few file alterations on whatever server they're (not currently) targetting ads to people from, and boom, instant tracking. Not to mention if it's the same Cydoor I saw back in the Kazaa days, it uses IE to render the ads, which, frankly, I find just as distasteful, but that's a flame war for another forum ;)

I'll wait for the lite version even if I get banned for using it. I just refuse to willingly pump adware into my computer, especially since exeem will keep reinstalling it.

You dont need someone to get rid of the ads you fools, just use an anti spyware program to remove cydoor  :)

MSantispyware does it well

Really?.............till u connect again.........and Cydoor will return....... :yes:

I cant find a trace of cydoor in this 0.20 Maybe its replaced with a trojan to check who is using lite or not ? I cant even find cydoor with a scan. I dont think there is cydoor in 0.20 :s Lite is going to have to wait. Sorry everyone :s

I cant find a trace of cydoor in this  0.20  Maybe its replaced with a trojan to check who is using lite or not ?  I cant even find cydoor with a scan.  I dont think there is cydoor in 0.20 :s  Lite is going to have to wait.  Sorry everyone :s

585334843[/snapback]

:blink: :o :no:

Look at my post in like pg 3 or something it shows the cydoor detected by adaware ;)

[quote name='Liger?' date='Jan 21 2005, 17:23:blink:k: :o:o&nbsp:no:o:

Look at my post in like pg 3 or something it shows the cydoor detected by adawar;);)

585334848[/snapback]

That may be from 0.18 because I am finding jack **** in 0.2:s:s

@Liquid: Maybe they licensed the source and compiled it directly into the exeem executable? That seems unlikely, but it could be possible.

585334899[/snapback]

i doubt it

I cant find a trace of cydoor in this  0.20  Maybe its replaced with a trojan to check who is using lite or not ?  I cant even find cydoor with a scan.  I dont think there is cydoor in 0.20 :s  Lite is going to have to wait.  Sorry everyone :s

585334843[/snapback]

I found it, it's still in the client.dll :)