Exeem Has Been Released (0.20 Public)

MrBear5587

My installation doesn't seem to have installed Cydoor, ran a full adaware scan (it's up to date) and I had no critical items found.

Not gonna complain :p

stevonw

I have already found evidece of ppl lodding ti with Spyware/Addware :

exeem://16/206c489f1d8c3443d0809655d5206cc2b345aa6a/Sims2 University ISO [Razor].zip">Sims2 University ISO [Razor].zip

This is pretendig to be a new Release for the sims 2 and in the comments the Original Seeder has put Excellent (Ofcourse the filesize gives it away lol 6Mb) But thankfully some1 had posted that is is just spyware/adware!

Ofcourse i wasnt gonna d/load this cause its illegal! :whistle:

Chode

Yeah, fakes are spreading fast. A quick browse over the new files shows you that GTA: SA for PC is exactly 10megs in size :rolleyes:

x-byte

Tried it a bit. It's very stable on my machine, no crashes yet. The speed could be better, but that would probably get better in time.

If you use your head, you won't get fake files. I guess they get a boner for sharing files that destroys other peoples machines. Just like virusmakers. :rolleyes:

Guest FaX

we neeed to seed these cydoor removers ect

--------

Why is it crashing now :|

Edited by FaX
xe9rox

wow, dl rate went to 44 in a second, think im gonna like this program, although it uses adware

BWNox

I didn't like it at first run, but when I started it again, I've found it awesome.

Just think of it how many files will be there in a week, if this is just a beta release and it has only come out yesterday, and still the shared files are growing like crazy: 5.09 Tib now...

Rapier

--------

585336146[/snapback]

Mayb the Cydoor remover was poorly coded and it messd up something...

WE NEED YOU LIQUID

adinu79

Just as it was anticipated in one of the previous threads dedicated to eXeem, there is a version of Exeem Lite, without the bundled adware, which is easily distributed through the eXeem network itself, imagine the irony of things.

Kola

eXeem Lite 0.20 hasn't seem to have appeared yet... waiting..

Edited by Kola
Keito
I have already found evidece of ppl lodding ti with Spyware/Addware :

exeem://16/206c489f1d8c3443d0809655d5206cc2b345aa6a/Sims2 University ISO [Razor].zip">Sims2 University ISO [Razor].zip

This is pretendig to be a new Release for the sims 2 and in the comments the Original Seeder has put Excellent (Ofcourse the filesize gives it away lol 6Mb) But thankfully some1 had posted that is is just spyware/adware!

Ofcourse i wasnt gonna d/load this cause its illegal!  :whistle:

585336089[/snapback]

This is why I will never be using stuff like KaZaA / eXeem ever again, and also because of their crappy names... come-on... [caps][no-caps][caps] etc. isn't cool anymore :p

I'll just stick to usenet and some centralized sites...

I might look at it though once a good lite version is released...

bkellner

I think you all are missing the point.. eXeem uses Cydoor to give you the banner rotations in the program, that is it. It is their way to make money to pay for future updates, servers, etc..

1. Cydoor will not be used when the program is not running.

2. Cydoor will not popup advertizements when the program is running, just have the banners in the program at their designated spots.

Cydoor at worst uses: cookies, sessions, advertizements. Who cares if they log when and what advertizements you see and click on, is that really important? And hey, neowin uses all those things too!

Cydoor will only transmit user supplied information, which in this case there is none. So no user supplied information will be transmitted. At most eXeem may pass on your username entered, and maybe where you live. It's not like you don't show everyone on neowin your username, and enter where you live? It's not really "private" information since any hostname can tell you a country, state, province, or city. Besides, you can always just enter as "anonymous".

Cydoor does not have any hostile features. And again, it will not be used outside this program.

Here are the files it installs, not including the ad cache (banners)

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CD_CLINT.DLL

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CD_GIF.DLL

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CD_HTM.DLL

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CD_HTML.DLL

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CD_SWF.DLL

As you can see, all things having to do with banner rotations and making money from clicks.

Run-down on what Cydoor does:

- When eXeem opens, it loads Cydoor's dll's.

- This enabled banner rotations in the program.

- Cydoor connects to Cydoor servers.

- Cydoor downloads images from Cydoor website to ad cache folder.

- Cydoor disconnects from Cydoor servers.

- Cydoor displays advertizements and rotates through.

- When eXeem is closed, Cydoor dll's are unloaded.

Also, Cydoor may make more connections to servers to update banner ads while the program is open, but ONLY while the program is open.

*Note: These observations are made by me. Also, some information gathered from the internet. I have not noticed any misuse of Cydoor, or any attempts to deceive.

Edited by knigitz
The Dark Knight

anyways, i just have a white blank box where the ads should come! so im happy! havent seen a single ad for the past 3hrs!

Lee
anyways, i just have a white blank box where the ads should come! so im happy! havent seen a single ad for the past 3hrs!

585336536[/snapback]

Yeah, so does everyone else. Expect ads to pop in with future versions.

msg43

I went to try this and I got a bloody suprise. :o

3 new spyware / adware/tojans :wacko:

I'm unistalling and waiting for lite :)

Edit make that two that because one was some dll I download to crash people aim :ninja:

but two are still crazy. I don't like spyware adware

post-63527-1106405076_thumb.jpg

BryanChung

knigitz, well said! :yes:

b0m8er
Here are the files it installs, not including the ad cache (banners)

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CD_CLINT.DLL

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CD_GIF.DLL

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CD_HTM.DLL

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CD_HTML.DLL

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\CD_SWF.DLL

585336500[/snapback]

Is that info applicable to WinXP?? Cause I can't ind those files in System/System32 folders??? :unsure:

bkellner
Is that info applicable to WinXP?? Cause I can't ind those files in System/System32 folders??? :unsure:

585336666[/snapback]

I'm not sure about that, I know none of the banner ads are showing up for me. I'm guessing they took it out, though I'm going to suggest to the developers that they do just that, and have the banner rotations on the "Home" tab, which points to their website.

It would make a lot more sense, and then they could avoid all this adware nonsense. Whether it's good or bad is for the masses to decide, and though I fully support what they are trying to do, I believe there ARE better ways of going about it.

I'm usually really iffy about installing programs which have third party applications, but in my experience Cydoor is probably the best adware around. I meant to say in my first post, it IS a biased opinion, and everyone does have their own opinions.

Also, it'd probably save resources if they put them on the page. :)

icetohot

--------

585336146[/snapback]

Mayb the Cydoor remover was poorly coded and it messd up something...

WE NEED YOU LIQUID

585336250[/snapback]

I made that cydoor remover, and if you had read the program's titlte it says Exeem .17 Cydoor Kill... not .20 :no:

spex04

I get the same problem it says this when trying to either search or download the new files list:

15:17 scheduling a node request at: 15:17

15:17 sending node request to network

15:17 node request failed, retrying in 5 minutes

DoS

I only used ed2k up until now, because all the other torrent programs I had downloaded I couldn't make them work, and I didn't insisted too much on them either. I knew about SuprNova, that is was the world's torrents source, and when I knew they were closed, I saw the news that they were gonna release a friendly new program, and I thought "maybe that's my opportunity to enter the torrents world :p".

yesterday I saw the news, and downloaded it not even knowing it had adware, and I'm glad of that! I probably wouldn't download it if I knew it has adware, but now it doesn't matter, as this is an amazingly fast BT/eXeem client. I loved it, and since I didn't see any Cydoor problem, banner, attack or something like that, I'll stick with eXeem.

and it's extremely easily configurable.

I just can't find more complements, I like the program, I left it on all the night and it downloaded tons of stuff, the only problem is the crashes that frequently happen when I go search something in the search tab, and for that I'll simply wait for a new version.

bkellner

Just so everyone knows, I do not condone piracy. That stuff is illegal and not to be messed around with :)

spex04

I found out why it wouldn't connect. It was because I had Sygate Personal Firewall. All I did was delete it form the apllications list, then when it asked, allowed it again. :ninja:

DoNuTs

Hahahaha It sucks (N) it crashes constantly. I don't care if it's beta