Telnet and port 54321

Please move this if it belongs in the unix section, I couldnt decide...

I have IPTV, which means that I have a linux STB to watch tv over the internet. It has a usb port so I want to ssh to it so I can install usb devices and so forth. I have found the ip for the box and ran a portscan which showed that port 23 (telnet) and port 54321 were open. I tried to telnet it but found that it required a login and password...

Is there a way to get past the login part? And what does port 54321 do? I googled it and found that a trojan uses that port but that is obvious not the process running. I am stuck what to do next :/, I can browse sites through the STB incase I can take advantage of the html viewer (supports java scripts) to access a console....

I just need suggestions on how to continue from here, it is a Amino AmiNET110 STB... Any suggestions to what the default login can be? I really want to access it, it would be great fun to add stuff to it :D

I have also written a professional email to Amino and asked what the default login is, but I dont think they will tell me since I bought the box from my ISP and not from them...

okey, that is my reservplan but they have been very negative to me try stuff like this in the past :p like setting up iptv on the pc instead of a stb.. if I find a serial port interface, what do I do next? :p

Yes but you have to register, I have done that but they have to approve my register first and I think they will deny me my membership since I am not a customer :/

Yes but you have to register, I have done that but they have to approve my register first and I think they will deny me my membership since I am not a customer :/

585347403[/snapback]

That'd be so messed up...I mean its not like you can exactly pirate hardware!

I have no idea what the default login info would be, but the superadmin account for linux is named Root by default. Probably wouldn't be password protected if its just a default account.

I doubt that's it though. :(

tried all possible passwords with root and default as user name :/

Thing is Amino only sell to ISP since the box needs to be customized for the server, they are not uniq and I doubt they will help me, they havnt come back denying or accepting my support membership yet so we will see...How do you recover passwords in linux if you have lost them? There must be some exploit to use since I doubt they are running the latest kernel since they are suppost to run internaly on the ISPs network...

Also if I manage to get into linux on it, what do you think I should do? I have a usb port to use, so I was thinking if you could add another network card and use the html browser to browse the internet and maybe stream media over the network :D but I am probebly only dreaming, it would be nice if I could though :)

I ran a brutal force program, after 18 000 trys the telnet service crashes or autoblocks me :(

Any suggestions on what to do next? Is there somewere I can find a txt file with like all the english words in :p

• 3 months later...

Hello?

I see this topic hasnt been open for months but i have to try. :)

Have you gained the root's password ?

Please reply soon :)

• 8 months later...

There indeed is a console port on the Amino AmiNet110. However, depending on the hardware revision it may or may not require some soldering. If you take off the cute aluminum sleeve and pull the Amino's guts out you can find the 4 console port connectors right above the P/N letters on the board -- a white box labeled "1". However, there is a small trick. You can't just connect a serial cable and connect at 9600 baud like you can with 90% of every other console port. It uses some other type of signaling and protocol -- forget what its called at the moment.

There is a default root password -- so keep guessing. :) Sometimes, however it's rare, the ISP or provider will change the default root password.

An ISP will never (unless they are retarded) give out the default root password. It's generally a bad idea for a whole host of reasons, and will often violate contracts and license agreements with content providers and encryption agreements.

Once inside the device, it's pretty fun :p Rather robust little device.