X-Trac Ripper Mousing surface

In the market for a new gaming surface?

Like myself many of you are. With many variances in mice let alone surfaces it's often

a difficult decision to make. One of the biggests questions is hard surface or soft? I personaly like a soft pad mouse pad so I decided to dive into a X-Trac ripper. I was looking for a nice sized pad that was also comfortable and smooth for the mice i'd be using on it. When I went to newegg.com I went in search of the specs i'd required and thats when i stumbled across the X-Trac product. Feel free to click on any image for a larger picture.

xtrac1sm.jpg

I decided to jump over to X-Tracs website to see what they were all about.

I decided on the X-Trac ripper because of its spacious layout. Something I had been using two pads for. 4 days later I had the Ripper in hand ready to get my game on!

Immediate impresions were it lives up to it's large size indeed.

Here are the specs for the pad.

Specifications;

? Size ? 11? X 17?

? Thickness - 1/8".

? Surface ? Smooth cloth - extremely flexible

? Pattern ? Large Hexagons with random dot configuration to ensure precise control

? Backing ? Sure Grip rubber

? Durability ? Extremely durable if properly taken care of.

xtrac2sm.jpg

Thats right it takes up the full viewable space of my Dell 2005 FPW.

Seeing as the pad was large enough and exceeded my expectation It was time to test it with the mice. Firs up was my MS Wireless explorer optical. Response was great and exceded the desk surface and previous pads. I decided to rip open som CS: Source ( www.steampowered.com) Man Did I notice a difference right of the bat. I Thought surely I'm just making this up so i switched back to my normal pad. I then had to change the sensativity in cs to get a matching comfort and it still wasn't as acurate as the X-Trac. I've found my Intelimouse just wasn't cutting it so i picked up a Logitech mx1000 lazer mouse. After gaming with this lazer mouse and my X-Trac Pad I can say It's definately something I enjoy. I don't regret buying it the least bit. Best part was it was cheaper than all the other famous brand pads. I believe the surface has the right amount of softness yet enough contour for a precise computing experience.

xtrac4sm.jpg

xtrac3sm.jpg

My overall conclusion is that if you need a good wide mousing surface for an optical mouse, The X-Trac ripper is definately the way to go. X-Trac is a newcommer at least from what I'd heard of them and Honestly I can say without a doubt that they're definately well worth the purchase. If I had to rate this pad based on a star system they'd get a 5 out of 5 hands down.

Here's some refrence links and more pictures

X-Tracs website

Newegg product link

If you found this review interesting and are interested in a mac mini check out the link below for a free unit! This is a Gratis Network lin:)and is legit 100% :)

Gratis Network Free mac mini's

EDIT: Images are linked to larger image

Edited by muzzle79

i think the mods may eat you for your free mac mini thing..

585346302[/snapback]

Whys that? I'm supplying content and bw hosting for images. Peopla view all their ads while reading the review. I see no harm in this. Not like i started my own thread for it.

Whys that? I'm supplying content and bw hosting for images. Peopla view all their ads while reading the review. I see no harm in this. Not like i started my own thread for it.

585346323[/snapback]

No but its clearly against ALL the rules of the neowin forum. remove it now to save your thread if you care about it at all. :no:

* reported

No but its clearly against ALL the rules of the neowin forum. remove it now to save your thread if you care about it at all.  :no:

* reported

585346365[/snapback]

And what rule is this? Spam? Hardly spam when it's not the source of the article.