The Present: Do you Belive in it?

Have been thinking of this for the past few days, and I belive its fairly valid, a warning to any A.I. as this philosophy may blow your circuts :p

there is no such thing as the present, as what was once the future will be come the past and what the past is was once the future, but what the future may be for us is the past to some, and that the past is to us, is the future to another

I made this up MYSELF, I didn't get this from ANYONE. remember my name Michal Kozanecki when saying this :p anyways either way it really makes you think, for some it may just screw up your face, but for me it makes me think, I posted this to get some replys on what I think, and maybe others feel the same way? who know..

[P.S. Neowin needs a Philosophy Forum :p ]

Edited by DigitalFreedom

WTF have you been smoking

585358382[/snapback]

Like I said, for some it will just screw up there faces :p, Just for the record, I've never Done Drugs, and Haven't drank any alchol in a while

WTF have you been smoking. and by the way you need spelling skills.

It's spelled philosophy and forum

585358382[/snapback]

Pouncing on other people's spelling mistakes is a form of trolling.

Don't think I didn't see that edit either, mister. :D

there is no such thing as the present [...]

585358374[/snapback]

That does not make sense to me, philosophical or not, without the present there can be no future.

/k

The Truth is, We are Slaves, in a prision we cannot taste, see or touch. A Prision, for your mind.. :laugh: :p

ignore me.. haha..

Surely its all relative :)

The "Present" in a literal sense is the passing smallest unit of time known to man if you want to look at it that way. Of course Time is a human invention to explain the changing of events from what they were to what they will be. So the Present is that period in the middle :p

Or you can expand that time range to be the current minute, hour, day, week etc...

Obviously any time period where the events are fairly consistent could be considered Present, but over time as events change then those events that happened "Before Now" are called the "Past" and those events which are yet to happen "After Now" are called "Future".

Your quote is accurate, and yeah its slightly screwy, but at least it gets people talking :)

dude, thats not that profound.  I always come up with **** like that after a couple hits.

585358451[/snapback]

I never said its profound did I? I just wanted to post something thats been on my mind lately, if you don't like it f8ck off, I just posted on neowin, to see if other people felt the same way, it wasn't ment to be the meaning of life. lol :)

Surely its all relative :)

The "Present" in a literal sense is the passing smallest unit of time known to man if you want to look at it that way. Of course Time is a human invention to explain the changing of events from what they were to what they will be. So the Present is that period in the middle :p

Or you can expand that time range to be the current minute, hour, day, week etc...

Obviously any time period where the events are fairly consistent could be considered Present, but over time as events change then those events that happened "Before Now" are called the "Past" and those events which are yet to happen "After Now" are called "Future".

Your quote is accurate, and yeah its slightly screwy, but at least it gets people talking :)

585358489[/snapback]

See, someone who also understands what I mean and am talking about :)

585358489[/snapback]

His quote in its current state is not accurate.

If he made a reference to actual time measurement units then it would stand true, not as is.

I realise i'm being technical, perhaps even nitpicking, but it still needs to be pointed out.

/k

Nonsensical gibberish I?m afraid. I?ve had many arguments with you ?philosophy experts? who seem to enjoy thinking too much about something which doesn?t deserve any thought whatsoever.

I?ve had many arguments with you ?philosophy experts? who seem to enjoy thinking too much about something which doesn?t deserve any thought whatsoever.

585358538[/snapback]

Uncalled fo:angry: :angry:

/k

I?ve had many arguments with you ?philosophy experts? who seem to enjoy thinking too much about something which doesn?t deserve any thought whatsoever.

585358538[/snapback]

I'll be honest. What is philosophy? A bunch of thinking about nothing.

That being said, I enjoy philo:pphy. :p

Present is another way to think of the exact moment in time you exist. The exact moment that counts as neither past nor future because it is now. Right now. Right this very second.

So, yes, present does exist.

Present exists in a conundrum with past and future. Past precides the present, future concludes the past. Everything is history.

Time is relative to the amount of gravity and/or speed you are experiencing. The first quote is true because the future has allready happened in the superverse, but it is your choice which future you decide to experience in YOUR universe. Its all got to do with multiple realities and multiple timelines, quantum mechanics, and astrophysics, which will take much too long to explain. But to say that the present doesnt exist isn't true. The present exists for everyone who is living within a timeline.

If you were to represent time in a 3d diagram, it would look like an expanding apple. We are somewhere inside the apple worming our way outwards. Ahead of us is unexplored territory, but it is there and it has happened, the only thing we can do is change direction.