WTD: Advice on Next Upgrade

My current specifications are here. (About > About My System)

What should the next upgrade be at Christmas? I'll have between ?200 and ?250 to spend. Oh, and I play loads of games, but would LOVE to play the latest games when there released, with perfect speed (e.g. Unreal 2 / Unreal Warfare, A Vs. P, Wolfenstein etc.)

Your system looks good to me, that's about what I am running as well. The only thing that has been worrying me is the "minimun system specs" for processor requirements on new games are catching up with my system. I am thinking of getting a new processor, and that would be my advice to you, seeing that we have similar systems.

ive got a 1ghz athlon... runs at 1.3ghz fine.... that seems to be the standard spec now for gamers (that i know anyway)

the athlon XP should be good for christmas?? maybe a 2Ghz one or sommet with a Geforce3... that would be a ace system

I wouldn't think about upgrading myself! But if I were to do an upgrade, I'd get a new video card! Even though my processor is not a GHz, my 500 MHz Pentium 3 still does me good for all the graphics design work and almost every task except for playing the latest games!

Guess I am not alone too. My computer is P2-450 with 448 mb memory and it is still damn good to run medium to heavy applications (like the Photoshop 6). Also, it's still good playing games too :D

But maybe this xmas or beginning of next year I'll be getting new chip (Athlon preferred) :D

Captain Phatty: Those 'minimum requirements' are worrying me to. I remember about a year ago, in PC Zone (THE best UK gaming magazine EVER :) ), they said that you should DOUBLE the minimum requirements to play the game in medium detail. If that applies now, I'm in big trouble, since (for example) Alien vs. Predator's minimum requirements is a Pentium III 450 MHz. I'm thinking of upgrading my processor to an Athlon 1 GHz+, 256Mb SDRAM PC133, and a modern motherboard. What do you think?

LiGhTfast: How did you learn to overclock? I am an ABSOLUTE beginner when it comes to things like that. I really don?t fancy blowing a CPU worth ?100 (and perhaps more of my components at the same time) when I?m only 15 :Webgraph:: New graphics card?! My CURRENT one is being held up by the system, it?ll be an even BIGGER waste of money and power if I were to upgrade that! See what I mean?Altezza:za: I don?t think a Pentium III 450 MHz can actually makes use of all thqat RAM mate :) I might be wrong though?

KM, I don't know about the price in UK but, I think you should be changing ur CPU by Christmas.. But looks like if you're going to change your CPU, you're going to have to change to mainboard too, I don't know if that will be enough on 250, if it's enough you might also raising your ram up to 256MB aswell. Just my 2 cents :D