[Halo2] Want Zombies? Post your gamertag!

My reason for posting this is so I can get more people to play Zombies with as well as educate other Xbox Livers with the rules of the game mode

-------------------------------

If you haven't heard of Zombies

Zombies is a player-created gametype for Halo2. It's a role-play based on Dawn of the Dead (sorta).

The basic idea is that you have two teams: Red, Humans, and Green, Zombies. All players start on the Red team except for one person, the Zombie. For the first game played, the Zombie is chosen randomly but for successive games the starting Zombie will be the last surviving Human (or if Humans win, the best Human survivor).

Humans are confined to using the Shotgun (some people like to add or replace that with Magnums) while Zombies are confined to the Covenant Energy Sword. Each team must stick to these weapons.

Humans need to hide from the Zombies and await their attack. Once a Zombie has killed a human, that human needs to hit Start and Change Teams, choosing Green as their new team. They are now a Zombie. When a Human kills a Zombie, the Human just stays on the Red team and continues the match.

To Win

Winning for the Human (Red) team is gaining 250 kills.

Winning for the Zombie (Green) team is killing all Humans (Reds).

That's a basic synopsis of the game type. Here's the quick layout of things to change:

- Primary Weapon: Shotgun (or Pistol but Shotguns are more fun)

- Secondary Weapon: Covenant Energy Sword

- No Grenades at all

- No weapons on map (having extra Ammo makes the Human team more powerful -- add weapons to the map if you like)

- No Shields

- No Camoflauge

- No Overshields

- No vehicles

- No other weapon

- No time limit (you can set this if you feel the need)

- Kill limit = 250

- No Friendly Fire (lame players abuse this a lot if it's on)

I'd check my game type to see for more info but this is all I can think of right now.

If you have heard of Zombies

Please post your gamertag here so other Zombie-goers can add you to their Friends Lists and we can ensure full parties at all times of day :p

My Gamertag: Brycetacular

Thanks guys -- have fun and play by the rules!

Zombie / Dawn of the Dead is interesting if people know the rules. It would be better, if Bungie made this game-type available; and the game handled the mode correctly...

Always looking for Halo 2 Friends, (Or Foes;))

Gamer-Tag: Dark Sim 905

(Yeah, I know. I rarely post... Ever...) :unsure:

Although this isn't directly to do with the object of this thread, it puts to bed many people's comments to Bungie adding this custom gametype, as one usable and properly configured in Custom Games -

Several billion players ask,

Can you add the popular "Zombie" game type to the matchmaking playlists?

No. I've played zombie and it's kinda fun, however as any of you know that've played it, if one player refuses to cooperate (by switching teams in a timely fashion) it totally sucks. Now, since there's no facility in the Halo 2 code to force a team change on a killed player, we couldn't implement it even if we wanted to. But feel free to continually come up with cool new custom game types of your own.

?

Source : Bungie.net

umm this is already a game type lol

i played it with my buddies the other day. it's called Dawn of the Dead, but i dont know if you change teams automatically

umm this is already a game type lol

i played it with my buddies the other day.  it's called Dawn of the Dead, but i dont know if you change teams automatically

585380612[/snapback]

It's not already a game type. Your "buddies" made the game type from scratch.

It's called Zombies and, as Bungie has stated, the only way to switch teams is manually.