NAT Software

Is it me or is there no other 3rd party freeware for sharing an internet connection via NAT???? I've hunted EVERYWHERE on the net and found nothing :-S Can someone possibly push me in the right direction?

Cheers everyone

Under 98, I cannot be sure, because I haven't done this for a while, but theoretically you should be able to enable internet connection sharing on the dial up connection in the properties of that connection. (As with 2k and XP, this activates both DHCP and NAT)

He did say Win98SE. He'll need 3rd party software like Wingate, Sygate or Midpoint Gateway (although their website seems dead). I'm not so sure about the "free" aspect. Wingate used to have a free 3 user license (2 computers + server) or something to that effect.

Did Win98SE have ICS? I wouldn't have thought so but a quick google would seem otherwise.

I've hunted everywhere on the net but no luck. Free NAT software is virtually impossible to find. Especially for Windows 98. I know I can use ICS but I would like something that gives me a little more control over the NAT side of it. Thankyou everyone for lending a hand but I can't find anything :-S Thank you fred666 for pointing out Wingate used to do a free version. So did BrowseGate3 but unfortunately they've stopped doing the free version of it now. Can anyone else try and push me in the right direction. Thanks everyone.

Windows 98 does not have Internet Connection Sharing capabilities.

Windows 98 Second Edition DOES. That was one of the major feature benefits of upgrading.

Unfortunately analogx is only a proxy server. It gives you http, https, and ftp queries and requests. I was looking for a server that gave NAT Access, but also freeware