• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

YAY! Powerbook w/ 128 MB V-RAM

Tokiga    1

--

Edited by Leif

sundayx    127

it looks the same, and for me, the specs are just minor upgrades. G5 ANTICIPATION BABY

s0ldats    0

i purchased a maxed out version of the generation prior to this. (1.5ghz)

this update doesn't bother me. not much of an upgrade. i will look forward to the 2nd and 3rd gen g5 powerbooks though.

Elliott    235

Bring on the Rev 2 PowerBook G5. That's when I'll upgrade. :D

Rudy    457
I am excited about the new powerbooks.  i think it is ridiculous that you have to pay for the extra 64 mb's considering that it it standard on many dell lap tops.  but whatever. man the new pb looks tight.

585398237[/snapback]

im sorry but the standard in laptop for video memory is 32-64mb and most of the time its SHARED memory. So i think 128mb if dedicated memory is awesome

Freakz    2

hardware discussion... :blink:

Detroit    0

I think I better snatch these ups before G5's come out because I need one for University next year :s

g-n-t    0
im sorry but the standard in laptop for video memory is 32-64mb and most of the time its SHARED memory. So i think 128mb if dedicated memory is awesome

585398923[/snapback]

of course you do, youre an apple fan boy.

but for those of us in the pc world, a 128mb mobility radeon 9800 has been around for quite a while.

QuarterSwede    0

but for those of us in the pc world, a 128mb mobility radeon 9800 has been around for quite a while.

585399040[/snapback]

I haven't seen a 128MB radeon in a PC notebook as thin as a powerbook yet. Sure you can get them but then your notebook ends up being 20lbs.

And the best thing about Mac's is that it's resale value is great so if you want to you can buy a new PowerBook and then sell it to almost pay for a new G5 PowerBook when it comes out.

bontakun    0

the 15 inch superdrive and 17 inch powerbooks have had teh 128 meg 9800 as an upgrade option for a while now, it's not new

krmathis    3
YAY! Powerbook w/ 128 MB V-RAM, FINALLY!

128MB VRAM have been available for the PowerBook G4s since april 19. 2004! :whistle:

I have it in my rev. b 15" PowerBook G4, 1.5GHz.

g-n-t    0
I haven't seen a 128MB radeon in a PC notebook as thin as a powerbook yet.  Sure you can get them but then your notebook ends up being 20lbs.

And the best thing about Mac's is that it's resale value is great so if you want to you can buy a new PowerBook and then sell it to almost pay for a new G5 PowerBook when it  comes out.

585399232[/snapback]

try 7 pounds.

or just get a good computer from the start. there are a number of 64-bit pc laptops out already. and some of them are very thin and light.

Rudy    457

585399040[/snapback]

me an apple fanboy?? are you nuts?? my mini is going to be my first apple computer ever and i never liked macs before