Which edition of Windows XP are you running?

348 members have voted

1. 1. Which edition of Windows XP are you running?

• Windows XP Home Edition
    • Windows XP Professional
    • Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
    • Windows XP Media Center Edition

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc....-102-311&depa=0

I bought it because soon I'm going to build a home theater PC for use in the home theater (go figure). I took the core media center app from an installation of it and installed it over my normal-use PC (since I use it as a media center for my bedroom anyway, but wanted to keep XP Pro SP2 so I wouldn't have to worry about incompatibilities).

585411965[/snapback]

I have a MCE 2004 care to tell me how to rip out the MCE so that I will be able to install it on my Windows XP Service Pack 2

(Note: This only applies to Windows XP users; not Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, or :x Windows NT 4.0 users)

585401582[/snapback]

The kind with a screen, keyboard and speakers that says Windows XP when it is starting up :laugh: . Home SP2

The number of users using Windows XP Professional AMAZES me. The funny thing is I bet that at least 8 out of 10 of them doesn't use the added features PRO has over Home and at last 4 out of the 8 that doesn't even know the difference between PRO and Home.

The number of users using Windows XP Professional AMAZES me.  The funny thing is I bet that at least 8 out of 10 of them doesn't use the added features PRO has over Home and at last 4 out of the 8 that doesn't even know the difference between PRO and Home.

585417011[/snapback]

I do. But your right.

The number of users using Windows XP Professional AMAZES me.  The funny thing is I bet that at least 8 out of 10 of them doesn't use the added features PRO has over Home and at last 4 out of the 8 that doesn't even know the difference between PRO and Home.

585417011[/snapback]

You're right Frank. I also reckon that many users don't use the additional features, which are in Windows XP Professional. I have 2 Windows XP Professional computers (work) and 3 Windows XP Home Edition PCs (my own). Home is a lot cheaper but I suppose people would rather have 'Professional' as it's the full thing and sounds better than 'Home Edition'.

Hrmm... Still thinking.

Everyone running on Domains?  Maybe They need IIS?

585417052[/snapback]

Illegal XP Corp only comes in 1 flavor