SmoothGnome

Schmoove:

Very very nice!!!  Great idea for the shellstyle also... (ooo and open source too) :rofl:

Found a tiny bug (see before/after pic)...simply change startbutton/content margins from -50,54,0,6 too -50,54,6,6...

585403833[/snapback]

Thanks for the bugreport Spyglass (you're such a perfectionist, I like that!), though I can't reproduce that. It looks fine on my PC no overlapping whatsoever. I don't know why that happens on your PC and not on mine :s

Oh and yes the shellstyle is open source too ofcourse, I kind of made it like this to make it reusable for other themes. The shellstyle is the most annoying thing to make so a universal one can be a great help then. Now I just have to change the colors and it will fit with almost any theme.

Thin taskbar? Ain't gonna happen. I made it this size because everything fits nicely (startbutton etc.) PLUS when I minimize WMP10 to the taskbar I don't want my taskbar to change its size. Therefore a thin taskbar is not an option for me.

Small startmenu... ain't gonna happen either since I simply don't like those.

Other colors, probably will happen. I'm thinking of making a blue one.

Nice theme.

I'd really love to see you port Gnome's Glider theme across to Windows, you'd do such a good job!

This basicly is Glider. Just another colorscheme and another window decoration (I don't like the Glider one). So..... you're not gonna see me making an exact Glider port.

BTW, the theme is open source to feel free to make your own thin taskbars, small startmenus, glider window decorations.... just don't expect me to make them.

Edited by Schmoove

Schmoooooooooove!

You make the best visual styles IMO and I must say I keep coming back to Extensis time aftertime... so of course i'll try this one :D

585403518[/snapback]

yep :yes:

:| AAAAH, no compact start menu???!!!!?? :cry:

anyone knows how to make small start menu? after he makes a blue version please :D

Schmoove, can you add a variant with the windows flag instead of the gnome foot logo? I know, this is a gnome port, and I really like gnome (when I use linux, that is :D ), but in windows I would like having the flag...

Btw, I'm still in love with this VS, all fits nicely and no bugs found atm...great work, again :yes:

a lot of nice wallpapers but the one in screenshot

585406943[/snapback]

It is this wallpaper, but with some colorization and a rendered spotlight (a standard Photoshop thing).

I don't know if I can distribute that freely.

yep :yes:

:| AAAAH, no compact start menu???!!!!?? :cry:

anyone knows how to make small start menu? after he makes a blue version please :D

585406516[/snapback]

Simple...import theme into stylebuilder and change values/general/startpanel/userpane from 0,0,380,25 too 0,0,250,25...

In pic (below) i also made programlistseperator all pink and also removed gnome foot graphic from startpanelplacesbackground,also changed

startpanellogoffpanel too 24bit and made edge same color as startpanelplacesbackground...

post-20768-1107455964.png