ATI 9700 AIW & WMC

Hi,

I want to build a computer with Windows Media Center, my question is that I have an ATI 9700 All In Wonder and I was wondering if it will have any problems with WMC? For example, watching TV through media center.

Josh

the ATi AIW arent officially supported in Windows Media Center, you have to use one of the compatible cards like the Hauppauge PVR150, although there are hacked catalysts that enable software encoding and watching TV via an AIW but its very buggy and not very useable. www.thegreenbutton.com forums will have links and information

• 1 year later...

the ATi AIW arent officially supported in Windows Media Center, you have to use one of the compatible cards like the Hauppauge PVR150, although there are hacked catalysts that enable software encoding and watching TV via an AIW but its very buggy and not very useable. www.thegreenbutton.com forums will have links and information

You may be referring to MCE 2002/2004. The AIWs *are* supported in MCE 2005, but only when using Catalyst driver 6.1 and *older* (the new unified Theater 200 AV Streaming driver, included with the last three sets of Catalyst drivers, breaks the NTSC MCE support (and even causes issues with ATI's own MMC)).

For the same reason, AIW support in Windows Vista is also broken.