How much do you hate IE?

Question

IE has caused me soooo many problems as a web developer. Tables not ligning up, divs not appearing how they should do.... the list is endless. I even have an area of my site showing people possible ways of getting round the terrible issues with the browser, which must be done seeing as 90% of the browser market is given to IE. :angry:

But how much do you hate it?

IE has caused me soooo many problems as a web developer. Tables not ligning up, divs not appearing how they should do.... the list is endless. I even have an area of my site showing people possible ways of getting round the terrible issues with the browser, which must be done seeing as 90% of the browser market is given to IE. :angry:

585430393[/snapback]

Same here for me... The web developer woes :/

Add me to the IE haters list

There's quite a nice list of reasons to hate IE found here

And if you want even more evidence have a look at my new site I started working on yesterday. Works fine in firefox but no IE has to go and ruin my day :angry: .

The site is found here

If anyone has an idea please help me

I don't hate it...I just don't use it.

ive never had any problems with IE when creating web pages

but thats probably because i dont use overly complex layouts that dont work in IE

585430460[/snapback]

Same here. :)

hey this is a dumb ass thread. who cares, go hit  firefox up the ass. ****ing lamer stop starting hate ie/ ie vs firefox  threads.

585430478[/snapback]

Wow, somebody's hostile :rolleyes:

I don't get bothered by IE's rendering engine too much, though I do wish it were more compliant. Meta-languages aren't my thing though; I prefer more C-style programming :p

I don't hate any of the browser, I just try to be sensible when surfing. Don't link to a site that is money related,

Firefox has caused me so much trouble. I make a website tha looks great in IE but when I try it in Firefox, it looks completely different! I always have to spend a few extra hours afterwards just to make it compatible with the rebellious 10% of the market.

// Try look at it more objectively...

Firefox has caused me so much trouble. I make a website tha looks great in IE but when I try it in Firefox, it looks completely different! I always have to spend a few extra hours afterwards just to make it compatible with the rebellious 10% of the market.

// Try look at it more objectively...

585430500[/snapback]

http://validator.w3.org :rolleyes:

585430393[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more. I just started learning the correct way of using CSS and what not and ALREADY IE hase been giving me headaches . It saddens me :-(

MT

Well I don't have any issues with Internet Explorer. Any web pages I have ever built always look the same in IE as they do in Mozilla and Opera, but then again I don't keep up with new XHTML (and alike) technologies (to me a web page is a web page, I don't care what version of HTML it's built with).

This is a useless thread the way I see it.

Why do you have to make it anyway when you already know the answers to your questions?

Fanboys (especially Firefox fanboys) on one hand and "those who really know better" on the other.

Incidentally I don't hate IE nor any other browser.

What about it? Some people code for W3 (10% of the market), and others code for IE...

585430529[/snapback]

Well it's just that people who are intelligent would like to code for standards that SHOULD be followed by the entire browser market.

IE is the one causing you trouble. Not Firefox, or any other browser. The pages you code for IE aren't really looking the way they should be when you view them in IE. Therefore you're getting a distorted view of your page. What you're really coding shows up in Firefox.

This is a useless thread the way I see it.

Why do you have to make it anyway when you already know the answers to your questions?

Fanboys (especially Firefox fanboys) on one hand and "those who really know better" on the other.

Incidentally I don't hate IE nor any other browser.

585430566[/snapback]

He's simply asking what problems IE has caused for everybody... There's no harm in that.

HTML != MSHTML, it's that simple :D

Seriously, I half consider IE to use it's own "version" of HTML, even though it doesn't. Some people may disagree with me though.

So I'm not intelligent because I code for IE? What exactly makes the W3's specifications a standard anyways, and why should anyone follow them? Wouldn't it be easier to just stick to Microsoft's much more popular specification instead of having to rewrite everything?