New XBOX controller

Originally posted by Dazzla

It's just a repackaged Jap controller, that's what the people demanded and that's what they got.

No, it's a real controller. It's not repackaged. The jewel is different, the cord on the controller in Japan is shorter by about a meter. The controller S has the same cord length as the standard XBox controller. The Start and Back buttons on the controller S don't protrude as much as on the Japanese one, and the triggers are slightly tighter than on the Japanese one. While the controller S looks very much like the Japanese one, and was definitely inspired by it, it is a bit different than the Japanese one. For fighting games, the controlelr S is very comfortable. I tried it, and it is smaller and much better for games like DOA3 than the regular controller. However, I have pretty large hands, so the regular controller isn't too big for me at all. I'll stick with the regular controller until the XBox gets some more fighting games (this fall).

Originally posted by Hawkeye

No, it's a real controller. It's not repackaged. The jewel is different, the cord on the controller in Japan is shorter by about a meter. The controller S has the same cord length as the standard XBox controller. The Start and Back buttons on the controller S don't protrude as much as on the Japanese one, and the triggers are slightly tighter than on the Japanese one. While the controller S looks very much like the Japanese one, and was definitely inspired by it, it is a bit different than the Japanese one. For fighting games, the controlelr S is very comfortable. I tried it, and it is smaller and much better for games like DOA3 than the regular controller. However, I have pretty large hands, so the regular controller isn't too big for me at all. I'll stick with the regular controller until the XBox gets some more fighting games (this fall).

I'm not disputing the fact that it's a real controller. I'm saying that the ergonomocs of it are virtually identical to the Jap controller. I'm all for it, although I had no problems with the standard Xbox controller, I've tried and like the Jap controller. Therefore it's a given that I will like this.

Still, can't beat the good old Gamecube controller, pretty much perfect if it wasn't for the Z button, what were they thinking???

This controller does look better and easier to use then the previous controller, but I still dont see why everyone doesnt like the first one. True it is a little big, but I still think that it is easy to use.

A little big!?!?:s The thing was huge. Someof the companies at E3 2002 that were showing off Xbox games were using the new controller and it is ALOT better. I may actually buy the machine in the near future, but only if there are some really good and innovative games. But going by what I saw at E3 2002 this year, I didn't see anything groundbreaking. This years E3 was all about the Gamecube:D with the PS2 in a close second.

I've just been offered a Xbox for ?100, brand new. It's tempting...

But dare I venture to the dark side.....:ponder:

I'll have the complete set then with GC, PS2 and DC.