Half Life 2 or Halo 2?

Which is a better game?  

389 members have voted

1. 1. Which is a better game?

• Half Life 2
    • Halo 2

Can you elaborate on this ? Oh smart intelligent kind sir

585448062[/snapback]

Console games can download patches and updates.

What is there to elaborate on? Halo 2's already been updated a number of times: everything from widescreen glitches to matchmaking playlists have been fixed or altered. And X Box Live games have new content all the time. You know, mods aren't limited to PC games. Far Cry Instincts and Pariah will both come with modding tools for consoles.

Console games can download patches and updates.

What is there to elaborate on? Halo 2's already been updated a number of times: everything from widescreen glitches to matchmaking playlists have been fixed or altered. And X Box Live games have new content all the time. You know, mods aren't limited to PC games. Far Cry Instincts and Pariah will both come with modding tools for consoles.

585448159[/snapback]

Only the xbox, because it's a computer in console clothing.

Only the xbox, because it's a computer in console clothing.

585449172[/snapback]

Not quite. It's still a dedicated gaming machine. It's a console, alright.

And if I recall, Final Fantasy XI for Ps2 has been patched as well.

585449349[/snapback]

as has Socom 2 and PSO on DC and Gamecube I think

as has Socom 2 and PSO on DC and Gamecube I think

585449572[/snapback]

PSO was patched? :blink:

I never knew that. Cheating is worse on that game than any other I've ever played.

if you have the comp to run HL2, get HL2, its a game that is literally years int he making! only xbox fanboys will tell you to get halo 2, let me ask u, have you played halo 1? yes? then youve played halo 2! :p

if you have the comp to run HL2, get HL2, its a game that is literally years int he making! only xbox fanboys will tell you to get halo 2,  let me ask u, have you played halo 1? yes? then youve played halo 2! :p

585449684[/snapback]

I'd argue with you if not for your sig :rofl:

i know i came of as harsh, but i really liked halo 1, and i felt dissapointed with halo 2 :( thanks for the compliments on the sig btw.. i think ;) i like your avatar, how do you get it so that your background it see though.... i mean, you have rounded edges on it, but outside the edge is not a white square...

I wasn't disappointed with Halo 2. It was exactly what I expected: Halo 1, with better graphics, a new soundtrack, and refined gameplay.

I don't want to put Bungie down, but they don't exactly innovate their sequels.

I realize Half Life 2 is the better single player experience, but Halo 2 has it beat when it comes to multiplayer.

edit:

The avatar was made by a friend. I'm not sure how the edges get to be so smooth :p

And yes, I was complimenting your sig. Trigun is a great show.

OMG, there have been so many better sequels to games that kick the crap out of Halo 2. Quake 2, Max payne 2, Warcraft 2, Mario 2, Pac-man 2.......... I think you know where I'm going with this. In any case, HL2 is a good game, Halo 2 not as good - but to each to his own of course, as long as you liked it, no one can take that away from you. I don't know if you could call either game the greatest sequels ever tho.

585449349[/snapback]

How so? Xbox games are installed onto a hard drive which makes it quite easy to patch, games for the PS2 and Gamecube run directly from the CD/DVD, there is no hard drive. It's physically impossible unless they somehow store the patch onto a memory card, but I doubt the memory cards would be large enough for something like that.

Just face it, the xbox is a PC; it uses a Pentium 3 chip, a hard drive and a slightly modified Geforce 4 ti4600 gpu along with some system ram. It can be hacked to run windows for gods sake. It's made using proprietary hardware for a specific type of proprietary software, which is why (in general) it doesn't have the same problems as a normal PC.

How so?  Xbox games are installed onto a hard drive which makes it quite easy to patch, games for the PS2 and Gamecube run directly from the CD/DVD, there is no hard drive.  It's physically impossible unless they somehow store the patch onto a memory card, but I doubt the memory cards would be large enough for something like that.

Just face it, the xbox is a PC; it uses a Pentium 3 chip, a hard drive and a slightly modified Geforce 4 ti4600 gpu along with some system ram.  It can be hacked to run windows for gods sake.  It's made using proprietary hardware for a specific type of proprietary software, which is why (in general) it doesn't have the same problems as a normal PC.

585450851[/snapback]

Ps2 has a harddrive, too ;)

In fact, you need it to play FFXI. The X Box isn't a PC. It's a dedicated gaming console.

i personally recommend half life 2. simply because of the fact that i love the mouse and keyboard set up and second because you dont have to pay to play half life 2 online!!!!

KEYWORD: DONT HAVE TO PAY =D

oh yea i cant forget better graphics =)

sorry for the bashing all you halo fans

585432276[/snapback]

xtatic, your reasoning is so retarded. PC will always have better graphics than a console, but the problem with that is that you have to dish out $500 each year just to be up to date with the latest video cards. And Halo 2 can be played online for free, you just have to know how to do it

KEYWORDS: HALO 2 CAN BE PLAYED FREE ONLINE!

Halo 2 is nubs that don't have good pc's. Otherwise they'd play more fps games and see that Halo 2 is just "another game" that has nothing really special about it

</flame>

Halo 2 is nubs that don't have good pc's. Otherwise they'd play more fps games and see that Halo 2 is just "another game" that has nothing really special about it

</flame>

585460516[/snapback]

You're the biggest noob i've ever met,

1. You can't spell noob. What the hell is nub?

2. You're really narrow minded, i bet you never played halo 2.

3. There are alot of good games on console that PC dont have

You're the biggest noob i've ever met,

1. You can't  spell noob. What the hell is nub?

2. You're really narrow minded, i bet you never played halo 2.

3. There are alot of good games on console that PC dont have

585464233[/snapback]

This is what I mean.

1. You don't even know what a nub is.

2. I have played Halo 2. My friend raves about it cause he loves the online gameplay. I have tried a bit and I won't lie, it's fun from time to time but I know I'd grow tired of it unlike a good fps pc game (by good I mean a good engine) where modifications can really change and give some games a facelift thus increasing the "lifespan". Not only that but they are more competitive to make the game last even longer.

3. I never said there weren't any but I specifically said fps games. Theres no competition of fps games on the console and I think that's why Halo 2 was so succesfull at release day cause it stands out from the crowd compared to other console shooters. However, compare it to the number of fps games available on the pc, games like battlefield vietnam, ut 2004 and hl2 makes it seem like "just another game".

This is what I mean.

2. I have played Halo 2. My friend raves about it cause he loves the online gameplay. I have tried a bit and I won't lie, it's fun from time to time but I know I'd grow tired of it unlike a good fps pc game (by good I mean a good engine) where modifications can really change and give some games a facelift thus increasing the "lifespan". Not only that but they are more competitive to make the game last even longer.

3. I never said there weren't any but I specifically said fps games. Theres no competition of fps games on the console and I think that's why Halo 2 was so succesfull at release day cause it stands out from the crowd compared to other console shooters. However, compare it to the number of fps games available on the pc, games like battlefield vietnam, ut 2004 and hl2 makes it seem like "just another game".

585464647[/snapback]

Sorry about that, i jumped the gun and became defensive :( :$

This is what I mean.

585464647[/snapback]

Well key^, I've played Half Life 2 on a computer that can run it at 50-60 FPS, and I'm going to have to say that Halo 2 is far better. And who ****ing cares that there aren't that many FPS games on XBOX, if you're so unhappy with it go to that arcade and play Time Crisis. Battlefield Vietnam is a horrible example of a "GOOD" FPS for PC.

And how can you rely on urban dictionary to give you the meaning of a n00b. Regualr, everyday people enter those definitions, not slang experts.

You cant kill someone with a table in Halo. Also Half-life had an ending. So Half-life 2 get's my vote. Besides, who playes games on an x-box?

However I am bitter that microsoft has for all intencive purposes enslaved Bungie.