MSN 7 604

[quote name='Coffeee?' date='Feb 11 2005, 17:32:laugh:h: keep up the good work Larney, you tell those noobs! lol

I think msn 7 is only going to get bigger and use so much more memor:(:( not good news.

585452758[/snapback]

Hopefully it won't, Cream does 604 use more memory?

[quote name='Coffeee?' date='Feb 11 2005, 18:32:laugh:h: keep up the good work Larney, you tell those noobs! lol

I think msn 7 is only going to get bigger and use so much more memor:(:( not good news.

585452758[/snapback]

Apparently the new build doesn't have that much resource consumption...creamhackere:p:p?

Stigmata?, no hard feelin;) ;)

Whats it matter if its alittle bigger and uses more mem,we arent using 133mhz comps with 16mbs ram and 250mb hard drives anymore! Geez

585452883[/snapback]

a lot of people still have old computers and if you're running a lot of programs than you want each of them to use as little as possible.

a lot of people still have old computers and if you're running a lot of programs than you want each of them to use as little as possible.

585452893[/snapback]

Yes, but how much memory is your MSN currently taking? And how many friends computers do you know who don't have the capabilites to run MSN Messenger and a few other programs under the resouce usage on your computer?!?

Yes, but how much memory is your MSN currently taking? And how many friends computers do you know who don't have the capabilites to run MSN Messenger and a few other programs under the resouce usage on your computer?!?

585452929[/snapback]

well, I do know some people who are having problems with running a few programs together. If they have about 3 conversationwindows open and one IE window it gets already very slow.

well, I do know some people who are having problems with running a few programs together. If they have about 3 conversationwindows open and one IE window it gets already very slow.

585452961[/snapback]

Sorry to break their heards but tough luck? They can either upgrade to the required hardware specifications to be able to do that, stick with their acient machines and be slow using things or not use them at all. MSN Messenger 7 doesn't take up hardly any recoures for me and I don't have a high spec machine...

Sorry to break their heards but tough luck? They can either upgrade to the required hardware specifications to be able to do that, stick with their acient machines and be slow using things or not use them at all. MSN Messenger 7 doesn't take up hardly any recoures for me and I don't have a high spec machine...

585453016[/snapback]

not everyone has got the money or willing parents to pay for a new one ;).

585453016[/snapback]

Larney its ya birthday gonna strike down noobs like its ya birthday.. go ... go :whistle:

not everyone has got the money or willing parents to pay for a new one ;).

585453028[/snapback]

Tough luck. It's what 0.01% of MSN Messenger Users!?! If they want something simplier they can use Windows Messenger.

WinMacLin :devil:

my point is that it cannot work with messenger 7.0.0604.

to prove it even more....

that is a quote of his global hook code..

which can be found here

http://www.wilderssecurity.com/attachment....chmentid=140826

around the 35th line

here it checks the version of messenger, and rejects it if it is not reconised..

now do you believe me?

585452620[/snapback]

Hey, I didn't know that my code was on wilderssecurity.com... I should send them an update then:)). For the purpose of the discussion, Messenger Plus! does check several version related things in Messenger, but it generally does not have to block itself (by displaying the "Compatibility Info" menu) except for major version changes. Forexample, the code you quote checks the class name of the contact list window. This name normallydoes not change in minor versions (so it's always the same inall versions of Messenger 4, in all versions of Messenger 6, etc...). If plus recognizethe classes and a couple of other "tips", like correct text resources in one of the DLLs of Messenger, then it just goesahead and do its job. So, in short, there's no reason why Plus! Beta should not work with the next beta of Messenger 7, however, there may be some problems related to their new features (theirauto-away message could screw up custom names for example), but in any case, I'll look into it:)).

Hey, I didn't know that my code was on wilderssecurity.com... I should send them an update then :). For the purpose of the discussion, Messenger Plus! does check several version related things in Messenger, but it generally does not have to block itself (by displaying the "Compatibility Info" menu) except for major version changes. Forexample, the code you quote checks the class name of the contact list window. This name normallydoes not change in minor versions (so it's always the same inall versions of Messenger 4, in all versions of Messenger 6, etc...). If plus recognizethe classes and a couple of other "tips", like correct text resources in one of the DLLs of Messenger, then it just goesahead and do its job. So, in short, there's no reason why Plus! Beta should not work with the next beta of Messenger 7, however, there may be some problems related to their new features (theirauto-away message could screw up custom names for example), but in any case, I'll look into it :).

585453093[/snapback]

Cheers for that. My underlying message is not much has changed in this build apparently because Plus still works. Nice to see you here on Neowin though Patchou. Are you planning on a revision of the beta when this new build comes out?

Well, the beta is supposed to be released by Microsoft in March and I'm suppsoed to release the final version 3.50 in March too, so I guess itwould be pointeless to update vesion 3.40 Beta. I'll just wait for them to release their new version on the test site before I release mine, that way, I shouldn't have to do a version 3.51 a couple of days after my release :).

I like Neowin's forums, the only reason I don't reply more often is that there's way too many people and posts, it would take me hours to read everything that seems interesting

Well, the beta is supposed to be released by Microsoft in March and I'm suppsoed to release the final version 3.50 in March too, so I guess itwould be pointeless to update vesion 3.40 Beta. I'll just wait for them to release their new version on the test site before I release mine, that way, I shouldn't have to do a version 3.51 a couple of days after my release :).

I like Neowin's forums, the only reason I don't reply more often is that there's way too many people and posts, it would take me hours to read everything that seems interesting

585453146[/snapback]

I hear what your saying. Apparently most things work as far as I know. The Final is nearer than sooner I keep on telling people so as you intially planned its probably best to wait for a new substantial release or MSN Messenger and to coincide it with a new Messenger Plus.

I also hear what your saying about the large amounts of posts. What I say is pick just a few topics to read. If you pick too many its hard to keep up with them as anybody who spends limited time on here quickly finds out. It's nice to know you enjoy Neowin forums and as I know you and Neowin have a close tie specially with you giving them the recent exclusive material on your new feature its good to see you here :)

Its just a beta and again, we all make mistakes, but its like smoking, if you smoke 2 packs of cigarettes per day, you are bound to get lung cancer.

In this case, Cream has seen a lot of good faked screenshots to the point where he can't tell whats real from whats not real.

Its just a beta and again, we all make mistakes, but its like smoking, if you smoke 2 packs of cigarettes per day, you are bound to get lung cancer.

In this case, Cream has seen a lot of good faked screenshots to the point where he can't tell whats real from whats not real.

585453185[/snapback]

Encompased with the fact he has the build in question gives him a kind of 3 year head start....

Also who made what mistake and what about lung cancer :huh:?

I totally agree with Patchou if you post something here and it takes half an hour in the morning to find back my post&nbsp:laugh:h:

585453376[/snapback]

Just go to your profile and look at your recent posts and re-visit the threads. Thats what I always do.