ZoneAlarm Free Edition 5.5.062.011

ZoneAlarm provides essential protection for Internet users. Combining the safety of a dynamic firewall with total control over applications Internet use, ZoneAlarm gives rock-solid protection against thieves andvandals. ZoneAlarm makes ironclad Internet security easy-to-use. ZoneAlarm gives you control over the door to your computer. With Stealth Mode enabled, ZoneAlarm s Firewall renders your computer invisible to the Internet and potential intruders. If you can t be seen, you can t be attacked.

New and improved features in ZoneAlarm version 5.5.062.011

* Fixed IPC instability issue

* Routine maintenance items

Download

Source : Klitetools.com

Nice to see they updated it. I had to revert back to 4.5 because ZAP was locking up my internet after being idle for a period of time. After troubleshooting my D-Link Router, I came to realize it was ZAP when I shut it down and I regained access to websites. Funny thing is that it wouldn't find websites but my instant messaging programs would still work.

I'll wait a bit before I go back to 5.5. It got me angry so many times when I had to either shut it down or restart PC to regain access to websites.

Nice to see they updated it.  I had to revert back to 4.5 because ZAP was locking up my internet after being idle for a period of time.  After troubleshooting my D-Link Router, I came to realize it was ZAP when I shut it down and I regained access to websites.  Funny thing is that it wouldn't find websites but my instant messaging programs would still work.

I'll wait a bit before I go back to 5.5.  It got me angry so many times when I had to either shut it down or restart PC to regain access to websites.

585448689[/snapback]

Same thing here. My cable modem would be connected with all the lights shining bright and no sites would load. Plus it blocked eMule and AresLite from connected after a while. 4.5 was way better in form and function.

Weird. I have used everything from 4.5 and so on, on different computers and I've never encounter a problem. I have a linksys router WRT54GS. My main machine stays on 24/7 unless there is an act of GOD.