Another BitTorrent site goes bye-bye

i think he says that because piratebay has had loads of threats by loads of companies, but because they're located in sweden they can't be touched.

585447868[/snapback]

Well the same ****ing thing happened with Suprnova, all these ****ing retards kept saying Suprnova this and Suprnova that. And as you should know I am only saying "Suprnova" seeing how it's dead.

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE, STOP BUYING MUSIC. STOP GOING TO MOVIE THEATERS. FIGHT THE MPAA AND RIAA. THEIR TATICS ARE ILLEGAL. FIGHT THEM WITH A BOYCOTT.

585447856[/snapback]

That's exactly the wrong way to go about it: the answer is stop buying and dowload MORE! :rofl:

Well the same ****ing thing happened with Suprnova, all these ****ing retards kept saying Suprnova this and Suprnova that. And as you should know I am only saying "Suprnova" seeing how it's dead.

585447890[/snapback]

suprnova never had a courtcase. they chose to shutdown. many believed they were going to shut down anyway, and just used torrentbits and others closing down as an excuse to bring out exeem.

but suprnova were never threatened.

585447890[/snapback]

Didnt know suprnova actually has any legal action taken against them..

afaik... they just bottled it

suprnova never had a courtcase. they chose to shutdown. many believed they were going to shut down anyway, and just used torrentbits and others closing down as an excuse to bring out exeem.

but suprnova were never threatened.

585447903[/snapback]

Yes but suprnova was a gateway, I think that's a good way to put it. It had abunch of torrents hosted on many trackers which made it very easy. And to me Exeem seems like a even easier way for them to crack down on people.

A better example...

Suprnova is/was the MTV and the trackers were the band. With heavy air/warez time the trackers would/have become more noticed and now many people us them.

umm piratebay HAS been threatened :p just that they r in sweden, so no probs there :rofl:

and they post the threats + their very funny and humiliating replies on their site :) most amusing if u ask me ;)

585447889[/snapback]

by the way anyone know of a good swedish translator?

Dont you guys ever think of the people who help make movies, not the big wigs but the little people under them?

585447918[/snapback]

You see the Times today where they reported that "musicians can't survive on royalties." There is no trickle down. It all goes right into the company's pocket, and the little guys are lucky to have a job.

Not really a surprise, they will get to all of them sooner or later. I'm waiting for PirateBay to get threatened to be really worried. :D

585447676[/snapback]

They've been threatened by Microsoft, and many other major corporations. And the funny thing is they write back in a rather funny way.

by the way anyone know of a good swedish translator?

585447923[/snapback]

Google :)

Dont you guys ever think of the people who help make movies, not the big wigs but the little people under them?

585447918[/snapback]

Yeah, but if it's anything like their music industry they typically either love that their work is being seen, or no longer get royalties for the piece. Of course there are exceptions, but that's true for everything. The big wigs are the big wigs because they get most of the money.

Not really a surprise, they will get to all of them sooner or later. I'm waiting for PirateBay to get threatened to be really worried. :D

585447676[/snapback]

yeah piratebay is my last hope. if it lives everything is ok. if not - bittorrent is going down.

btw, i wonder $45'000+ lokitorrent collected in lawyer fees - is it going to be put in the pocket by the owners just like many thousands in donations?

that would be the easy solution. comply with judge and save on lawyer fees

Dude people like you and everyone talking about bittorrent needs to shut the **** up. Expecially you, oh yeah atleast "insert site address here" is still around. Good job retard, you just obviosly helped them out... The MPAA and the dirty ****tarts sueing.

585447850[/snapback]

Being the world's largest torrent tracker, I'm pretty sure MPAA are fully aware of the site. So it should also be high on their "sites to shut down" list, but since there haven't even been any signs of that yet I think with the current laws here, they have a hard time doing anything. Seems like the operators are also quite confident in that. :) However, laws change, and the only time I can say they're safe is the coming few months. Who knows what'll happen in the future.

One more thing; the reason it's like this in Sweden is because we have a former case were a company lost a case against a BBS (Bulletin Board System) who put up warez links. Since they didn't actually have the data but only provided references, it was not ruled as illegal. So the difference here than in other countries where the laws are blurred in this area, we have a former case to rest on, and MPAA are probably not stupid and realize this. If they'd do anything right now they'd take the risk of losing and that would be major bad news for MPAA.

wow, i knew she'd go down eventually, but not like this! they noticed no more money was coming into lokitorrents, and i guess just said screw it, were OUTTA HERE! unforchanitely, $30,000 wont get you very far in life. he sold his soul for $30,000 and forever will that be in inbeded into his mind.

as for suprnova and loki going, i think it's time that we all give exeem another shot :p

Theres lots of good bittorrent sites left, heck even Suprnova mirrors.

I KNEW this would happen. Why would they even want to TRY and fight in court? And how would anybody know if they really did? Easy enough for them to get a fistful of cash, and then wait til the moneyflow slowed as it has in the past weeks, and then just comply with the court and say they had to be shut down with no other choice.

I knew it allll along... I can't believe people actually donated.

Now the rebellion... what will happen now? Murder? :p haha