Patch or Full Source -> Linux Kernel

It would really be too complicated to describe them since you can't copy all of the content from the Terminal. Besides, even if I could, it would be like 100 or so pages in length! But I can tell you what happened with the XConfig. Some of the devices listed on the 2.4.3-20mdk kernel indicated that the module wasn't configured or couldn't be found. I think the only way to solve this problem would be to probably get a new version of Mandrake. Or I could also get the latest drivers for some of my devices, which can be a pain to find. It's only to have them supported in the new kernel, that is.

Oh

I think I know what happened

Mandrake included some of their own drivers to their kernel and appended them to the config file. Just go through the xconfig slowly and dont load teh mdk config file. Just make sure you select everything you need.

'lsmod' will tell you which modules you are using.

-Hatter

Well I already did go through the XConfig thoroughly like twice already. I'll try the lsmod, but I can't see how that would help!

Drat! How do I do the shortcuts for the files in the Linux Terminal? I need to redo the confg, vmlinuz, and system.map shortcuts in my /boot directory.