What do you like the most about Apple Hardware?

Yea, abit like having white clothes - they get dirty quicker... Or brushing your teeth - why bother when they'll get dirty the following day?  :rolleyes:

585462311[/snapback]

:unsure: :huh: :blink:

Yea, abit like having white clothes - they get dirty quicker... Or brushing your teeth - why bother when they'll get dirty the following day?  :rolleyes:

585462311[/snapback]

white clothes and clean teeth look good.

a mac box might look good at apples factory, but by the time you have it in your hand it looks like crap.

just ask dazzla

1.jpg

That's weird, because when I got my PowerBook, it was in it's original packaging (like the iMac above), BUT it was also covered in a sheet of clear plastic, AND placed inside a cardboard box suitable for courier/shipment.

My box is perfect (no tears, no marks, nothing). The same goes for my iPod 20G 4th gen, that was inside a similar sized cardboard box (fits perfectly). No marks or anything wrong with it since I picked it up myself.

My PB's box is black, however. ;)

What I meant by the packaging was, the fact that Apple makes the most of the room inside the box, the cables are placed neatly, and it's enjoyable to open the packaging for the first time (especially if you have been waiting a long time). Opening an iPod box or any Apple product is pretty cool, but don't take my word for it try it yourself :D

What I like best is how crapple still uses one button mice.

Or how my 1996 macintosh uses a bunch of funky 3rd world legacy properiety bs connectors for evverything, making it hard fo rme to even figure out where to plug in my mouse. My one button mouse. My one button mouse with a ****ing 2 foot cord.

That means if I use my wonderful mac on the floor by the time the cord is past the case, sinc ethe mouse can only plug into the back, I have a whopping 1 foot of cord. If I want to put my mac on the floor and have my mouse on the desk, I'm just **** out of luck. It's physically impossible.

Great innovation crapple, you've eliminated the need for a desk and chair!

But I do like how their cases and stuff have that sort of seamless design. It's spiffy.

What I like best is how crapple still uses one button mice. 

Or how my 1996 macintosh uses a bunch of funky 3rd world legacy properiety bs connectors for evverything, making it hard fo rme to even figure out where to plug in my mouse.  My one button mouse.  My one button mouse with a ****ing 2 foot cord

That means if I use my wonderful mac on the floor by the time the cord is past the case, sinc ethe mouse can only plug into the back, I have a whopping 1 foot of cord.  If I want to put my mac on the floor and have my mouse on the desk, I'm just **** out of luck.  It's physically impossible.

Great innovation crapple, you've eliminated the need for a desk and chair!

But I do like how their cases and stuff have that sort of seamless design.  It's spiffy.

585462478[/snapback]

its called ADB (apple desktop bus), it was replaced by USB. Apple used it while the PC world was using serial (beofre ps/2). And if you didnt realise, there is a connector at the centre of your keyboard on the bottom for your mouse to plug into, hence the short cord. PC-->keyboard-->mouse. And the ON button is located on the keyboard.

I miss that feature :cry:

Actually, no my keyboard doesn't have that. Just checked, no plugs in it. Great. Don't know how to power it on witht he keyboard either, but I'll try that. Always loved how the power button and volume control were on the back. *rolls eyes*

. And the ON button is located on the keyboard.

I miss that feature :cry:

585462496[/snapback]

my pc has that :happy:

i can also set it so that if i type in a password on the keyboard the computer turns on. its pretty cool.

Nice:

The quality

Awsome performance

Best CPU power that AMD or Intel CAN'T egual

Awsome support of the 64 Bits

Dual CPU for normal system (not just Servers)

Crapy:

One Button mouse...

To costly

The Dream:

A dual 2GHz G5 with 2GB RAM and Dual 16x PCI-Express and more games for OS-X

:drool: :drool:

Nice:

The quality

Awsome performance

Best CPU power that AMD or Intel CAN'T egual

Awsome support of the 64 Bits

Dual CPU for normal system (not just Servers)

Crapy:

One Button mouse...

To costly

The Dream:

A dual 2GHz G5 with 2GB RAM and Dual 16x PCI-Express and more games for OS-X

:drool:  :drool:

585462522[/snapback]

that is simply not true, a dual opteron can be used as a home computer with full 64bit support(using linux, or soon, xp_64) and can smoke the G5.

Umm, since when did you have to run a server to have dual cpu's? My friend has dual 1.6ghz opterons on his PC, the one he uses for everyday stuff like halflife 2, aim etc.

Macs and PC's also use different CPU architectures. Still, dual 2.0 itaniums are damn powerful as well. Comparing dual 2.0ghz PPC cpu's to a 4ghz p4 is just ridiculous, that's like comparing a mclaren to a VW beetle, just because they're both cars.

g-n-t you are just going between BPN and the Mac forum bashing Macs. I knew you have a thing for it!!!!!!!!!1111111

By the way, I do agree that it's stupid that Apple doesn't use two-button mice. I really don't see a point.

yes, im thinking of getting another screen so i can be at both threads at the same time :laugh:

im really looking forward to getting that free mini mac, althoug it is a hassle and takes a long time.

im not here to bash really, im just curious about macs. and then i see people making ignorant comments like that and i just have to respond.

yes, im thinking of getting another screen so i can be at both threads at the same time :laugh:

im really looking forward to getting that free mini mac, althoug it is a hassle and takes a long time.

im not here to bash really, im just curious about macs. and then i see people making ignorant comments like that and i just have to respond.

585462598[/snapback]

You are seriously waiting for a free Mac mini? I know people have received free sh*t before but it's gonna take forever. Get a job and you'll get your Mac mini much sooner.

And also, how are you making all those comments about Macs when you haven't even tried a Mac. Being an Apple worshipper I'm gonna track you down and slit your throat while you sleep.

Or maybe I'll just destroy your PC instead.

What I like...

Design Is it just me or doesn't anyone except Apple make really beautiful computers. Doesn't anyone understand how to build simple yet elegant solutions to problems? Doesn't anyone else know how to build stuff that is beautiful but functions well at the same time?

Packaging Some people don't care but I do. And so do many others. The packaging that Apple does reflects everything thats Apple - simple, elegant, and smart. The expereiecne of unpackagaing your computer should be a pleasant one. Not one where you have to tear out the sticky tape or get out scissors. The argument of white is pretty pointless cause why don't we just colour everything else in black - that way we don't dirty it at all.

It just works I can say almost all of the time this is true. You don't need to be an expert at everything to get a piece of hardware working with another. The hardware works with the software nice and easy.

Everything I need and nothing I don't need Don't give me old parallel ports. Don't give me a VGA port. Don't give me a serial ports. I don't need them. Some company has these old crap. Apple took a big step in changing to USB and no floppy media on the orginal iMac. Dumb to some, but someone had to be first to do it. If you want a floppy drive, don't get a Mac. You are either coming with us or not.

Edited by Phillip

I love the price.

I fully enjoy paying 3x the price for hardware that was good last year.

585461807[/snapback]

That (I mean, come on NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 Ultra :no: with 64MB DDR SDRAM :no: , DVI and ADC ports on their G5 powermac, while I bought my Geforce6600 PCIe 256mb for just €149,-:yes: ), and the fact of the matter that all cool games are available for pc and not for Mac or are relased for the Mac like centuries later.

That being said.

I love the Mac's appearence.

Be it the colorfull i-Macs in the past, the current eMacs, the new supercompact Mac-mini, the all-in-monitor-integrated iMac G5, the Aluminium industrial appearence of the powermac G5...they all beat the dull gray x86 pc case.

Also, I find the ease of use of their hardware, cable-clutterless appoach of Apple's hardware by far superior of the common x86 pc.

Then off course there's Apple's OS X operating system, which tops M$ in about every department (efficiency, usability, stability and so on)...whole communities can be found dedicated to make Windows mimic OS X in both functionality (Object Dock (+) or RKLauncher ) & appearence (Aqua-soft, MacThink, The cult of the great Flyakite OSX mod).

If only Apple would release a x86 OS X...that would be the end of Redmond's M$. Off course that would also be the end of Apple's pretty but quite expensive hardware, which leaves us cheap x86 users obligated to either mimic Apple's os through skinning winXP of working 1/15 the speed of the originial though the ...PearPC PPC emulator :(

Actually, no my keyboard doesn't have that.  Just checked, no plugs in it.  Great.  Don't know how to power it on witht he keyboard either, but I'll try that.  Always loved how the power button and volume control were on the back.  *rolls eyes*

585462500[/snapback]

dude, if you're going to troll, troll about recent hardware, not stuff from the pre-second-coming-of-jobs era

that's like me bitching that PCs suck cause they run windows 98 and it always bluescreens omfg

are you going to talk about how bad OS 8.6 is next?

I love the price.

I fully enjoy paying 3x the price for hardware that was good last year.

585461807[/snapback]

The hardware is useless without the software. And the software that comes with the 3x more expensive machine (untrue in most cases) is awesome. Its something that die hard PC fans don't understand.

If only Apple would release a x86 OS X...that would be the end of Redmond's M$. Off course that would also be the end of Apple's pretty but quite expensive hardware, which leaves us cheap x86 users obligated to either mimic Apple's os through skinning winXP of working 1/15 the speed of the originial though the ...PearPC PPC emulator  :(

585463254[/snapback]

porting os x to x86 would also require the porting off ALL applications... mac applications compiled for PPC would not be able to natively run on an x86 system, os x or no os x

I don't have any problems doing something similar to that using our dual xeon EMT64 systems at work either so your point is? :rolleyes:  the problem is you're compareing unlike systems, the terms workstation, PC and server shouldn't apply when compareing... the specifications of the system should... dual processors should be compared to dual processors... not saying a dual processor outperforms a single proc system... which is just common sense that if you have apps writen for a dual proc they of coure will....

585462271[/snapback]

This is a pro level machine. Do you know ANYONE with a system like you described at home? You yourself say it is a machine you use at work. I don't, this is MY personal computer.. And, no, if you read my post, you'll see I was careful to parallel similar machines (500MHz G3, 500MHz K6-2) . As for the other, I said I have never seen it. (A PC that can match my dual G5.) I was not saying it couldnt be done.

porting os x to x86 would also require the porting off ALL applications... mac applications compiled for PPC would not be able to natively run on an x86 system, os x or no os x

585463302[/snapback]

not to mention the drivers for all these MILLIONS of pc peripherals we have. apple doesnt want to bother with that. its too late for them. its quite sad when a simple USB PCI card doesn twork with my g3 MAC(1998) but works with my windows xp system with the 10 year old hardware(1995) without needing drivers.

people give too much credit for apple. and mac osx is crap. yes its BEAUTIFUL. but its not productive.

please note im not flaming im just saying what i think about it. i do have a mac. yes... but i dont use it anymore since i gave it to my lil sister to use for her internet games. which half dont work. i hate having to tell her a cd that used to work with the old pc i had let her borrow doesnt work with a mac or works on a mac 9.2 system only with no OSX support... why does it need to run in emulation mode (classic) .. psh.. bull**** i say!

Edited by eminem213486

the packaging?

having white boxes is moronic.

by the time it reaches your door it's brown.

585462261[/snapback]

i dont know what you're talking about

i dont see how my white box would have gotten dirty considering it was packed in a regular box (the white mac box was inside a box)

so my box was just as clean as it was in the apple factory

not to mention the drivers for all these MILLIONS of pc peripherals we have. apple doesnt want to bother with that. its too late for them.

585464573[/snapback]

Don't well envy you guys with the millions of Windows apps and Windows only hardware... ;)

/sarcasm

Don't well envy you guys with the millions of Windows apps and Windows only hardware... ;)

/sarcasm

585465262[/snapback]

windows only hardware eh? the hardware is only as good as the drivers you make for it... if the mfg only wants to make windows drivers that's their choice, but almost every PCI card will work in a mac, run under linux, unix, beos, what ever just need the driver for it... so it's kind of hard to say windows only hardware...