Why Apples Out-Innovate PC's

Bill Gates doesn't use a mac. Stop spreading lies.

And so you admit you have "tried" a PC and it sucks. but if I were to "try" a Mac its not okay? This isn't making sense at all.

Celebrities mean jack in your argument. It's like saying computer nerds would like a Golden Globe over an Oscar. Don't make a fool out of yourself by basicly saying "look at these complete tech-idiots, they all use macs:"

There's a reason the movie stars and pop culture junkies have Macs. It's because they are showy.

Remember the phrase, "All show and no go." ?

:D

585486377[/snapback]

u should stay out of this ur a noob

Well, the software thing is pretty false, since for every XP app, there is an OS X version/port/better alternative.

585478405[/snapback]

with adobe moving out of the apple bussiness (yes their newest dvd software was pc only, and will stay that way) theres definatly no killer app for the mac, and all the pc eqiv. versions are at least as good or better. and the apple exclusive software isnt enough to make most people perchase one or use one full time.

And um sorry winmaclin its been proven its hard for at least 70% of computer users to drop the windows pc permanently and use mac only (even if they want to use the mac). they keep finding a need or a reason to go back to the pc. Apple should have been able by now to make that figure drop to at least 40 percent of the people who attempt to switch.

Edited by divertom15

the only reason why i'm keeping my windows machine is for gaming. i'm not even a big gamer at that

585486161[/snapback]

Well, I've kind of gotten bored of games and don't really have time for them anymore. That was one of the factors which helped me decide in switching to a Mac.

with adobe moving out of the apple bussiness (yes their newest dvd software was pc only, and will stay that way) theres definatly no killer app for the mac, and all the pc eqiv. versions are at least as good or better. and the apple exclusive software isnt enough to make most people perchase one or use one full time.

585486393[/snapback]

Have you actually used both Adobe Premiere Elements and iDVD/iMovie? Adobe's home software is complex and confusing to me and everyone else I've talked with using it. They've tried to take their pro interface and turn it into a home user interface. The results are less than stellar....

And considering iLife is free when you get a Mac and Premiere Elements is $99, there's a big difference there ;)

all mac os' killer apps are made by apple. shake, motion, final cut pro.. ie.. all out of the reach, and requirement for normal home users.

the ilife suite is hardly a killer app, especially when there're free / open source alternatives to pretty much every application ilife comes with on both windows and linux.

it's also worth pointing out apple are already down the road of stiffling third party developers by developing certain applications as cheap addons to the os, or even including such applications/functionality direct out of the box. idvd has already see adobe move out of the apple dvd creation software market, the tiger widgets are copying / ripping off konfabulator, and i'm sure there're more examples that i can't think of.

Really who has a PC?.. name 1 person

over on the Mac camp we have

Moby

Britney Spears

Fred Durst

Keanu Reeves

And the blind dude from Star Trek!

I wouldn't want one of these people decide what I should get. :wacko:

What makes them better than say my neighbour?

On the Topic though: I'm happy with Windows XP and my machine. It runs exactly how I like it and I have no problems whatsoever.

I don't like macs (use them at school atleast an hour a day) but that's just because I can't get used to it. It's not like apple would be bad or so, but I am a Windows and DOS-guy. :)

u should stay out of this ur a noob

585486391[/snapback]

I'm a noob? Your 17. Your still a noob to living. :)

I've been computing over half my life so I think I'll stick around.

btw... the "all show no go" is a car reference to cars with 4 bangers and body kits. It's a joke.

No I don't.

Anyway enjoy your PC's running a 4 year old operating system while I enjoy my pretty functional no bullsh*t Macintosh. kthxbye

585486388[/snapback]

You know why people use the same old operating system over the years? Because Microsoft got it right the first time, and just tweaked/fixed with service packs. You have Apple over here pulling new versions of OSX out of its butt every half a year or so because it couldn't do it right the first time it released OSX, so Apple decides to do it over, and over, and over again. I don't know much about Apple updating OSX, is it you have to buy the new version once it comes out, or can you get the update online for free? Like say if you had the first version of OSX, could you update it for free to OSX 10.4? Or do you have to buy a new copy? If you do have to buy a new copy, your spending quite a bit of money =). If you had to buy a new version of XP about every half a year, people would get really really angry.

it's also worth pointing out apple are already down the road of stiffling third party developers by developing certain applications as cheap addons to the os, or even including such applications/functionality direct out of the box. idvd has already see adobe move out of the apple dvd creation software market, the tiger widgets are copying / ripping off konfabulator, and i'm sure there're more examples that i can't think of.

585486479[/snapback]

:huh:

When did Adobe ever offer DVD creation for mac OS? iDVD came out a long time ago to fill a void caused by a lack of decent DVD creation on the mac and they also came out with DVD Studio Pro. I don't recall there being an Adobe product for the mac ever that was used to author DVDs. Are you thinking of Final Cut pro versus premier? Apple bought code from Macromedia because Adobe was not interested in developing decent video software for the mac and seemed to be concentrating on the PC side more and more before the G5 came out.

As for Tiger versus Konfabulator, listen pal, I'm a licensed user of it and I was also a licensed user of Desktopx before I switched. Konfabulator was nothing new. They ripped off the idea from Stardock and Stardock borrowed ideas from the Talligent/Pink/OpenDoc project which IBM and Apple were working on back in the day. Arlo worked on that stuff at Apple when he worked for them.

I'm tired of hearing the FUD about Konfabulator versus Tiger. It's really old now.

I said if bill gates uses a powerbook you should atleast try an apple.

I have tried a PC and Its crap hell I came from a PC I still use a PC! but like everyone in this thread who bashes Macs don't even own one or bases there argument on a 30min trip to a Store a friends or Mac Os 8 / 9.

585486359[/snapback]

im sorry, i dont have a billion dollars in my pocket that i can go and spend on a new laptop cause some guy on neowin says its better.

no **** bill gates has a powerbook. how else is he supposed to fool you people into spending 400 dollars for his crappy office suite?

and you lost all credebility after you said britney spears was intelligent.

well I say OSX is Innovative., I haven't seen any distro make BSD ..or any Unix based system that user friendly

585490244[/snapback]

Just because Darwin is based on FBSD's kernel, it does not make OSX a BSD.

And BTW, I am happy that the BSDs are not like OSX.

(This is not OSX bashing.)

Have you actually used both Adobe Premiere Elements and iDVD/iMovie? Adobe's home software is complex and confusing to me and everyone else I've talked with using it. They've tried to take their pro interface and turn it into a home user interface. The results are less than stellar....

And considering iLife is free when you get a Mac and Premiere Elements is $99, there's a big difference there ;)

585486462[/snapback]

well what you described right there is a classic example of bundled to pay/alternative software. Of couse the bundled software is going to be free and easier to use. the pay software is going to be more complex, but generaly have the extras. you draw the line at what you need and what you willing to live withought.

Just to note, that Bill Gates DOESNT have a powerbook, that picture was from CES 2005 for all those that watched it, they were demonstrating the new wifi enabled digital camera and there were a few and OBVIOUSLY fake pictures of bill and conan obrien just to get a few laughs.

Bill DOESNT HAVE A POWERBOOK.

no, not porcelain. cheap white plastic with fingerprints.

apple has not innovated anything. they just spread FUD. Think different. blah blah blah.

but have they really innovated?

have they really released a product that was just plain superior?

have they released a product that is ahead of its time?

585462180[/snapback]

The lisa.. the mouse.. the gui...

"have they released a product that is ahead of its time?"

yes... see above :rolleyes:

you didnt say they would have had to invented it, just bring the product to market.