Xbox struggling with math test...

PS2's first year in terms of games sucked. Xbox's ****ed on it, but the PS2 still outsold it within the first 6 months.

PS2 was rushed out to the market, no question about it, but to their credit, it looks like the right decision.

Who gives a T055 which console is better.... as long as we can play them all and have a large library of quality games then i dont give a damn...

None of the consoles will "Win" cause there is no race/fight/competition where the "winner" gets a medal?!?

Microsoft Xbox: Technically fantastic (even tho it is a celeron cpu! lol - if ne1 argues with me check the anandtech review www.anandtech.com) but i wont be buying one untill theres some more quality games like halo out.

Nintendo GameCube: Small, Cheap, Some good games at launch with the promise of a barrage of fantastic stuff l8r on... I want one

Sony PlayStation 2: Got one, love it to bits, Great games already out and coming my way soon! Nuff Said

The fact of the matter is even tho the PS2 is the slowest of the machines when theres 30 million of those slow machines there aint gonna be to many exclusive xbox/gc games out there... its not financially viable for publishers.

BTW u cant say GT3 and FFX are bad games cause its a question of matter of personal taste.... I think there ace... but thats only in my opinion i cant and no1 else can proove it.

And there will never be a monopoly cause theres to much money in the companies behind their respective consoles.... Ur telling me Sony (one of the richest companies in the world) would stop making the PlayStation 3 cause Microsoft "won" the "128-bit console wars" hahahahahah WTF?

Sorry i ranted on but u kids get carried away with ur arguments sometime.... Had to get it off my chest! LOL :D

L8rs Dudes

Dan

Originally posted by Hawkeye

Ok. I am quoting myself now. I did say from the first six months or a launch game. None of those fit that description. Therefore those don't count. When did all those games come out? A year after launch. When do the good games come out for XBox? That's right folks, a year after launch! 'Nuff said. :lick:

uh.... tekken's on my list.. :p

lets not forget:

ssx

smuggler's run

i liked dynasty warriors 2 a LOT, but no one seems to agree so it's kinda pointless listing it...

but, like dan said, who really gives a crap anyways. i mean, pick your system and you'll find good games on it no matter what. i've never seen any system not have at least 10-20 VERY GOOD games on it that make buying the thing worthwhile. It's all your choice and doesn't really need to be debated...

Originally posted by timdorr

uh.... tekken's on my list.. :p

lets not forget:

ssx

smuggler's run

Sorry, I thought you meant Tekken 4. :p

I didn't think Tekken Tag Tournament was so groundbreaking. SSX was an ok game, but it doesn't compare to the sequel. The sequel was out on multiple consoles.

Originally posted by Hawkeye

Sorry, I thought you meant Tekken 4. :p

I didn't think Tekken Tag Tournament was so groundbreaking. SSX was an ok game, but it doesn't compare to the sequel. The sequel was out on multiple consoles.

well, i liked tekken as a game, not based on wheither or not it was different. as for ssx, you've got to look at it during it's release time, not now (since that's the time frame were comparing the xbox too). i thought it was the best game on the system at launch, and still think it's excellent. i guess it's just all relative...

The SNES beats all those new consoles with its legs and arms tied behind its back. ;) Seems like most companies have lost interest in making *fun* games nowadays. It's all about features. Bleh... Perhaps it would be proper with a rant/troll warning on this one...

I could probably go on about some obscure computer from the beginning of the 80's having a much higher fun factor (which would only end up in a "I know of more obscurities than you do"-contest in which I would suck). But the console I've had the most fun with is my trusty SNES, period (I'd say this goes for many Megadrive/Genesis owners during that time as well). Be it compared to Morrowind for PC which I love to bits or Rouge Leader (which I found so-so...) on the GameCube. There's no gaming experience that beats Super Metroid to me with a little Chrono Trigger thrown in for good measure. Hopefully I will be of another opinion in the coming months, but I doubt it.

What I don't need is the utterly stupid "whose got the most testosterone"-battle that's going on right now. Even Nintendo (Fanboy, moi? ;)) has resorted to this. It's all about being "cool". Uh...*scratches head*.

"We have bucket loads more blood in our game than you do!"

"In our game you can actually *see* every hair in an NPC's eye lashes!"

PS2 is "cool", XBOX is "cool". Nintendo...childish. Right. The pastel colours of SNES games have never looked better to me. What do I care if I'm jumping around as a plumber with a yellow cape on a green cartoonish looking dinosaur as long as I'm having fun? Mmmm, pastel colours. :) Just to clarify; I don't mean that any of you are not having fun with your consoles, it's only me. I'm so f-n fed up with every other developer trying to fill the games with so much testosterone even Godzilla would slip in it.

Then again why is that violet "cube" standing under my tv? Doh, guess I'm as much a Nintendo addict as I'm easily bought with a few commercials. Oh, well the world won't die of a little hippocracy. Still play my SNES loads and I doubt I'll stop doing that whatever's down the road.

Happy gaming! :)

Edit: And to clarify further: I'm just one of those guys who liked where gaming was at about 7-10 years ago, nevermind what console you owned.

snes SUX!!! genesis for life!!!!

and who cares which console is better it makes no diff.....just shut ur mouth....its ur opinion and ur opinion alone ....and it doesnt matter......except mine ...cuz genesis pwnz all console......

so just dont fight about which console is better (cept genesis-cuz its the best) just get the game and play....who care which console its on.

Did i mention it dosnt matter which console its on???

My Dreamcast owns all 3 of those consoles. How many of those systems can play all of this: NES games, SNES games, Gameboy games, Genesis games, Sega Master System games, Game Gear games, Neo Geo Pocket games, old school arcade games (MAME), Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles (the arcade game), and even a few PSX games. Tell me.... what other system plays all that? :p

Originally posted by NeoTrunks

My Dreamcast owns all 3 of those consoles. How many of those systems can play all of this: NES games, SNES games, Gameboy games, Genesis games, Sega Master System games, Game Gear games, Neo Geo Pocket games, old school arcade games (MAME), Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles (the arcade game), and even a few PSX games. Tell me.... what other system plays all that? :p

pc....

-=-=

**** i forgot about dc.....but genesis is best overall console....had best gfx then.....most games/better games....and still pwnz

i remember christmas 99.....got mah dc.....with sega bass fishin and nfl2k......man dc pwnz...lol

Originally posted by timdorr

i'm tired, so this will be quick..

mgs2

vf4

ffx

gt3

jak&daxter

tekken

all EXCLUSIVE reasons to buy a ps2 versus an xbox

and mgs2 is about half of that list right there :D

quite a good list

can i add some more to make it perfect?

gta3, onimusha2, kingdom hearts, twisted metal:black, dynasty warrior3. now its unbeatable.:devious:

Originally posted by Lun4

pc....

-=-=

**** i forgot about dc.....but genesis is best overall console....had best gfx then.....most games/better games....and still pwnz

i remember christmas 99.....got mah dc.....with sega bass fishin and nfl2k......man dc pwnz...lol

Yea, but the PC isn't a console that you can easily carry around (unless you have and Xbox and a large backpack :evil: ) A console is doing this. 2-4 players, oldschool games. It doesn't get that good on PC.

Originally posted by NeoTrunks

Yea, but the PC isn't a console that you can easily carry around (unless you have and Xbox and a large backpack :evil: ) A console is doing this. 2-4 players, oldschool games. It doesn't get that good on PC.

u didnt say console..haha u sed system(aka platform)

Here is my list of consoles that I owned. NES, SNES, N64. Thats it. Now it's PC all the way. GTA3 now out for PC (thank god), FFX will be out later (but they always take too damn long). Tekken, just go to a friends house and play for an hour our two and thats enough for me. One other thing nothing can beat a keyboard and mouse unless its a sports game. Really the only thing consoles have going for them is sports. One more thing is Max Payne better on PC or ps2? Just wondering.

Edit

If you want a "console" pc go to www.alienware.com and look at there laptops that they are starting to make. Very portable and even more powerful.