Virtual Windows 2003 Server - Try it out!

Hello everyone,

I've installed windows 2003 server to a computer that isnt being used by me, just thought that i'd let you guys access it. Now, access is pretty resticted, had to since someone was going to play with it. Anyways, enjoy it! Download the file or simply connect with Remote Desktop Connection...

[Offline .. Hard drive gone]

or download and launch the file within the zip..

Enjoy!

-lieb39

No i didn't steal the idea off TkTino.. I talked to him first

Edited by lieb39

Slow, hmm where are you located? Keep in mind that this is in Australia. Just to play around with in the basic idea.. I'll allow for more stuff, etc. Just trying to figure out what I can do with this.. any ideas or suggestions out there?

-lieb39

Nice :)

Trying it out.

It's quite slow, but good nonetheless.

Quite a few things are disabled for obvious reasons. It would be nice if you enabled 'Run' and some control panel applets that don't make system-wide changes.

Edited by LCG

i am assuming, it's a cracked copy you got there since you allow rdc access to everyone

585468999[/snapback]

Nope, RDC doesnt need a license ('trail date') for 180 days, then time's up. Just downloaded a Evaluation version of windows 2003.

Cheers,

lieb39

Nope, RDC doesnt need a license ('trail date') for 180 days, then time's up. Just downloaded a Evaluation version of windows 2003.

Cheers,

lieb39

585469023[/snapback]

Its licensed with the 180-trial only for evaluation, and internal demonstration purposes. This is 100% illegal.

Thanks ;)

Just noticed Mozilla doesn't run. I ran just now.

Have you configured it or has someone else?

EDIT: Windows Media Player doesn't work either. I used it just now and it was fine. I haven't edited it at all.

I've given it a test and it's very good.

I've noticed you've just disabled access to D:\Windows, which is good.

It's very safe.

I've tried running policies etc. (giving it a security test) and they're all blocked so you've done a good job.

Thanks

Wow, thanks LCG :)

I was actually just seeing what you guys were up to.. then tried playing around with it myself and just changed the group policy here and there. One definiate good thing that came out of this, is a very strong group policy. Thanks everyone.

server offline for a few hours, will post when it's back on. subscribe to this thread if you want to know when that is..

-lieb39

Why is this illegal? Can you explain.

If this is illegal, what's the point in Remote Desktop?

585470177[/snapback]

He is using a eval version of Windows/Terminal services. Do not get mixed up between terminal services, and remote desktop. They are licensed in completely different ways. All Microsoft Eval software is licensed explicitly for testing, and demonstration only. This falls under neither categories.

He is using a eval version of Windows/Terminal services. Do not get mixed up between terminal services, and remote desktop. They are licensed in completely different ways. All Microsoft Eval software is licensed explicitly for testing, and demonstration only. This falls under neither categories.

585470208[/snapback]

Ah. OK.

I still want it to be up though.

If you think it's illegal then don't use it. If not, then use it.

It's your choice.

All Microsoft Eval software is licensed explicitly for testing, and demonstration only.

It looks to me that this is setup as a testing and demonstrating environment that this guy has setup. So just chill dude, or go call someone who cares (causs I doubt Microsoft will). No one here is making any money because of what they guy has setup for us to login and try out, therefore in my book this is just a demonstration of microsoft's technology.

Chill Out!