Need new ISP

Earthlink sucks!!!. This is the second time that they charged me for simultaneous hours. From $21.95 to $23.95 a month. They never even credited my account after the first time it happened. All I own is one single computer. This is BS!. I need recommendations for a new ISP. All I have now is dial-up modem!. Plan on getting cable modem some day. When prices drop!. What do you all suggest. $21.95 month limit!. Thanks!.

If you are gonna go national ISP don't get AOL. I switched from AOL to MSN and what a difference. Less Disconnects (like never now) and they are going to support V.92 modems with MSN 8.0. MSN Explorer is pretty cool, and MSN 8.0 is supposed to blow AOL's prog away (from what I've heard). Other ones are AT&T Worldnet and Prodigy. With MSN you can have a 3 year gaurentee of 21.95 a month.

I heard that MSN may charge more by the end of the year. And I had Prodigy but had frequent disconnects. Do you like MSN!. AOL charges way to much anyway. That's why their losing customers.

yeah. stay away from AO-HELL. they are switching their browser to netscape anyways. and i know that not too many people like netscape. i heard that verizon dial-up service is alright, but everyone i know *****es about their broadband services being down all the time.

Msn is great! I use it when I am away from my cable, and as said before, there are rarely any disconnects. Just stay away from AOL, or Compuserve.:)

i pay 40 canadian for unlimited dsl. for some reason inet in my area is dirt cheap. i always download at a pretty constant rate of 150 kb/s evern while uploading at 50 kb /s

thats like 25 a month american

Originally posted by jedimasterk

I heard that MSN may charge more by the end of the year. And I had Prodigy but had frequent disconnects. Do you like MSN!. AOL charges way to much anyway. That's why their losing customers.

LOL, love it. Another thing I like about it is that you don't have to use MSN Explorer to connect to the net. You can use dial up networking instead, unlike AOL. All you do for the username is put: MSN/username and then your password. So you can use whatever browser you want, instead of having to connect though MSN Explorer instead.