Windows XP Media Center

I am currently in the planning process of building a MCE my self. I do have a few questions though!

1) Is Microsoft going to realese a 64bit version of MCE? If yes, when is it planed for (ie: this summer or MCE2006)

2) What type of video card is needed? Would a ATI Radeon 9250 w/128mb w/DVI do the trick?

585484445[/snapback]

1) I havent seen any plans of a 64bit version, although i wouldnt rule it out at some point

2) Any videocard windows xp supports then MCE will support since MCE is just a program you run on top of windows xp pro

Nope although you dont want one that cavemen used to use back in the stone ages. As long as its recentish then yeah you dont need a fancy card. Its the TVCard you dont want to scrimp and save on :p

So if all I?m using the computer for is a PVR there is no need for a fancy video card?

585484496[/snapback]

microsoft has a hardware approve list it you want a trouble free MCE then you need to see this list.

oem

Looked at that... and I don't change my opinion

585482821[/snapback]

Did you give the trial version a try? If not, then you can't make an educated decision on which product to blow your money on. I helped my friend setup MCE 2005 and I really liked what I saw in MCE when we got everything setup. Then I saw Meedio and gave it a try. I switched after using the trial and I did not needto buy a whole new system to get it running well.

I think you should try MCE 2005 and the alternatives firsthand before spending your money.

Did you give the trial version a try? If not, then you can't make an educated decision on which product to blow your money on. I helped my friend setup MCE 2005 and I really liked what I saw in MCE when we got everything setup. Then I saw Meedio and gave it a try. I switched after using the trial and I did not needto buy a whole new system to get it running well.

I think you should try MCE 2005 and the alternatives firsthand before spending your money.

585484972[/snapback]

Hey it you have the money give MCE the nod...it's only $128.00..Meedio might be good for those who are statisfied with an less integrated PVR if you not going to use it as your main PVR box in the living or TV room, but if you want the Sh*t to work right follow the MS hardware list and you will be fine. ;)

i have no prblem with mine...it my main TV connected to a 20" LCD, and it on 24/7. :D