sinthon... that's a great gaming computer, not a great computer for game design. Also, shouting is very poor netiquette.

ripgut: I know how to keep an OS clean and stable, but I don't think WinXP is the most stable OS ever.

sinthon... that's a great gaming computer, not a great computer for game design. Also, shouting is very poor netiquette.

ripgut: I know how to keep an OS clean and stable, but I don't think WinXP is the most stable OS ever.

585488686[/snapback]

Your OS is only as stable as you maintain it. Theres no such thing as the most STABLE OS just unstable endusers.

G5, PC's suck for graphics & video editing

585488351[/snapback]

Is that right? :rolleyes:

Oh wait, it's not. Macs may be better at graphics and video, but PCs do not suck for these applications.

Is that right?  :rolleyes:

Oh wait, it's not.  Macs may be better at graphics and video, but PCs do not suck for these applications.

585488702[/snapback]

Dont you love how when one thing is better than another (even by a small margin) then one rules and the other sucks :rolleyes:

I'd go with PC because of fact its going to be game design and you mentioned UT2004 too

Guys! I have this exact problem!!! If I choose G5 and use VirtualPC, can this be helpful for me in 3dsmax later??? I think no emulation can actually generate actual PC's power but then these G5 look powerful enough to fool me....

My purpose of buying...

1. Game / Graphic Design + Play [donno how PC gamez are gonne be under emulation]

2. Stability... (me think mac os rocks but those freaky hardware price sux)

Any help here?

Guys! I have this exact problem!!! If I choose G5 and use VirtualPC, can this be helpful for me in 3dsmax later??? I think no emulation can actually generate actual PC's power but then these G5 look powerful enough to fool me....

My purpose of buying...

1. Game / Graphic Design + Play [donno how PC gamez are gonne be under emulation]

2. Stability... (me think mac os rocks but those freaky hardware price sux)

Any help here?

585488960[/snapback]

Game design= PC purchase w/ Workstation card

Your OS is only as stable as you maintain it. Theres no such thing as the most STABLE OS just unstable endusers.

585488692[/snapback]

I agree wholeheartedly. It's really annoying when people bash operating systems because they crash often, or are too insecure because they have loads of spy/adware installed, which is usually the user's fault.

On topic now. It really depends on what software he is going to use/has access to. If he has to buy the licenses and whatnot, it might be a better idea to save a few bucks and getting a powerful PC instead. And it is true that most games are made on, tested on and played on PCs.

Okey... me not having price prob... so if I go for PCz, which one'z are gonna be kool enough to chill my graphika? a so called "best" dot config would be nice to hear.... on the other hand... my sis is ****in me off by goin for apple!

Okey... me not having price prob... so if I go for PCz, which one'z are gonna be kool enough to chill my graphika?  a so called "best" dot config would be nice to hear.... on the other hand... my sis is ****in me off by goin for apple!

585489018[/snapback]

WHAT

I agree wholeheartedly. It's really annoying when people bash operating systems because they crash often, or are too insecure because they have loads of spy/adware installed, which is usually the user's fault.

585489015[/snapback]

I have seen MacOSX in action... the damn thing rocks! no doubt about it... firstly its like a mother of those starDock products... I mean damn good integration of Graphics with OS and so damn stable!!! even if 20 appz are run, fade and other effects remain perfect :D so.... no doubt!

err what i meant to say is that Win XP is the most stable iteration of Windows I have ever seen. I am a graphic designer. I went to college for graphic design. I do 3d Animation, Flash and Web Design at my current job. I WANT a mac, but do i NEED a mac? If i could afford a mac i would probably get one, but on the other hand, With a little help I managed to build a killer PC that is still top of the line even after 2 years! To me at this point (keep in mind this is my opinion) a mac is a novelty.

if your plan is to get a Mac and use PC emulation for anything except playing games, thats fine- but the second you try to load a game though PC emulaiton, its not gunna work properly because of drivers, OR itll run like crap- i dont care how fast your G5 is.

Buy:

ASUS SLI MOBO

2x6800GT PCI-Express GPU

585488640[/snapback]

Wrong. SLi will do nothing to help him.

Despite what the Mac zealots will tell you, The G5 is not faster then a PC; in fact PCs are faster in general.

Everyone, please stop saying the FX-55 and all that other stuff he said would be great for game DESIGNING. Designing a game is not the same as playing a game and, if I'm not mistaken, it's been shown that an Intel chip is superior to an AMD chip in terms of productivity, graphics, videos, and things of that nature.

Everyone, please stop saying the FX-55 and all that other stuff he said would be great for game DESIGNING. Designing a game is not the same as playing a game and, if I'm not mistaken, it's been shown that an Intel chip is superior to an AMD chip in terms of productivity, graphics, videos, and things of that nature.

585489185[/snapback]

hey loser, last time i checked you couldnt stop people from stating their opinions.

k,

A) Thanks for everyone's opinions and ideas. All taken onboard.

B) Let's not carry the flame war on, each to their own, let people have their own ideas.

:p

But yeah thanks for the good feedback, this is why Neowin is great. Posted couple of hours ago and recieved 4 pages of different views.

(Y)

Wrong.  SLi will do nothing to help him.

Despite what the Mac zealots will tell you, The G5 is not faster then a PC; in fact PCs are faster in general.

585489118[/snapback]

Nice bit of FUD, with no proof to back it up. I'd say, for any sort of design BUT gaming, go with a nice DP G5 Powermac, but for games, you'll get more use out of a PC, since most of the popular, cutting-edge engines are released on the PC first.