Purchase Advise

Around the middle of next month, I'm going to be doing some hard core upgrading of my system, and I am looking for some advice on good components.

Right now I'm running a Intel PII 333, on a AOpen AX6BC motherboard with a 3dfx Voodoo 3 3000 and 256MB of PC100 RAM, I plan on spending a good amount of cash to upgrade my system.

What I'm planning on going to is a Athlon XP 1800, going to 1GB of RAM (hey ram is really cheap right now), and getting a GeForce3. Like I said, I'm willing to spend some money, and I want some good parts.

What I'm looking for is a good motherboard, and a good make of GeForce3 cards. I was looking at an AOpen AK73Pro for the board, since it gets really great reviews and I'm very familar with AOpen already, but I was wondering if anyone knew of anything else.

I'm also looking at PNY for my GeForce card.

Any advice?

I have the same board, it works great.

Get a Plain GeForce 3 or Ti 200, they are at the sweet spot right now

Get a 1600+ or 1700+ instead, you can just OC those beyond 1800+ and cost lower than the 1800+

The AX6BC is a tough little board, I've put it through a lot of ###### and it comes out working hard.

I wasn't to sure if nVidia made their own boards or not. I knew 3dfx did, but it's been a while since I've really looked into a new graphic card.