Blockbuster vs Netflix

i was thinking about signing up for either new Blockbuster online rental or Netflix.

with Blockbuster

its 14.99 a month

3 movies at a time

2 free monthly in store rentals

with Netflix

its 17.99 a month

3 movies at a time

is there anything else i should be aware of? which is better?

any one know where the distribution centers are?

I have netflix and they are great. My only complaint is that they send me WAY too many damaged disks that I have to send back to them. I've looked into Blockbuster because of the amount of damaged disks netflix sends me. Blockbuster seems to have all the same things Netflix has. I have quite a few obscure movies in my queue and Blockbuster has them all.

If I go another month with 6 bad disks then I'm moving to blockbuster.

i tried blockbuster pretty much when they first started their online service. back then it was a little slow to get movies even though the shipping place was only a few cities away. that's why i cancelled with them, but they've added more shipping places since then so hopefully service has improved. i personally havent tried netflix but my friend uses it and i havent heard any complaints about them.

you can always try either one for their 2week trial and cancel if you dont like the service

I can also speak for Netflix, it is quite good. As for distribution centers, google "hackingnetflix" and "netflixfan" two very good netflix blogs I know there is info there.

Another vote for Netflix. I gave blockbuster a shot and their delivery speed is garbage. Their movie selection is also tiny in comparison to Netflix. I've never had a single issue with a disc I couldn't play (and talking about 600+ discs so far) I get all my discs in one business day as well. I won't go into a Blockbuster anymore, let alone ever use any of their services again.

i have blockbuster been quite happy with it, i never got 1 dvd (i only got the part with my address on it) but they sent me a replacement and i got that really quick other then that no problems and its cheaper then netflix

for the people with blockbuster

where do your dvds come from? what city/state?

585502680[/snapback]

depends on where you live. they come from the closest warehouse to your city. for example, i live in buena park, ca and the dvds shipped from santa ana, ca which is about 13mi away

The state of New Jersey is suing Blockbuster now over it's misleading "No Late Fees" policy. Regardless, I dig Netflix. They were the first, and I like the idea of supporting an internet entrepreneur rather than a large corporation.

I have Blockbuster and have been satisfied so far. I usually get movies the day after they ship then because the distribution center is close. Never had a problem with them. It's also nice with the 2 free in store rentals because you can choose a game or movie.

netflix owns period.

i have the 5 at a time plan and i send a dvd on monday and get my new ones on thursday. 5 a week. rules.

they have a far better library also.

netflix owns period.

i have the 5 at a time plan and i send a dvd on monday and get my new ones on thursday. 5 a week. rules.

they have a far better library also.

585513380[/snapback]

how much is 5 at a time?

2-at-a-time (4 rentals a month) for $11.99

Up to 4 rentals a month - up to 2 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $11.99.

3-at-a-time for $17.99

Unlimited rentals - up to 3 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $17.99.

5-at-a-time for $29.99

Unlimited rentals - up to 5 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $29.99.

8-at-a-time for $47.99

Unlimited rentals - up to 8 movies out at a time for a flat monthly fee of $47.99

Service ROCKS!!!

Plus the shipping place is really close to my house so i get them next day (Y) :yes:

Edited by cesardrgn

i currently have netflix. but have tried out blockbuster for a couple of months.

-never recieved a damaged disc one on both service (lucky i guess)

-blockbuster delivery time for me is around 3 days after its been shipped

-netflix 95% of the time recieve movie next day after its been shipped

-printable coupons for instore pick up from blockbuster is cool when needing a movie fast, but sucks it doesnt work on games.

there are some points to keep in mind, deciding factor for me has been delivery time. also one cool thing was when i clicked to cancel blockbuster they offer u like a free month and a cheaper rate plan for 3 month, dont know if blockbuster still does this.

• 11 months later...

I've used Netlfix for 2 years with no issues. I tried Blockbuster but they must not have a distribution in my area. The movies took twice as long to arrive than they did for Netflix.

I started with Netflix about 7 years ago when they staretd. Service was great as they had 1 wharehouse which was only 5 miles from me. Thenn prices went up, # of DVDs went down. I quit.

When BB started I jumped in cuz of the in store movies. The mail is slow with BB. Also, in the first three months, 3 movies were 'lost'. I've recently quit to save a buck.

Now, Netflix is moving their HQ two blocks from my house. Maybe it's time to re-enlist!

Been a Netflix customer for about 5 years and love it. I have a distibution center within about 100 miles of me so turnaround is pretty swift (if I mail off on Monday, I usually get my next one on Wed). Blockbuster was much slower and I foudn their website horrible to use.

Edited by Aaron