ZoneAlarm new version

The new version of ZoneAlarm update has AntiSpyware

Does it???

It has ad & popup blocking, anti-phishing protection and a spam blocker (and you can disable most spyware with the privacy options), but it doesn't have antispyware similar to Adaware or MS Antispyware which use regularly updated definitions. At least it didn't the last time I looked, and the link provided doesn't mention it either.

The antivirus/antispyware components are provided by CA and I doubt it got that much better at getting spyware unless CA updated their def. In any case, ZoneAlarm puts an emphasis on preventing spyware by filtering mobile code from your browser.

The first post is confusing.. i thought Zonealarm released a new version with a new Antispyware  feature in it.

585514297[/snapback]

aye same here :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...
The first post is confusing.. i thought Zonealarm released a new version with a new Antispyware  feature in it.

585514297[/snapback]

Duh... let me say it again... ZoneAlarm release a new version with AntiSpyware... my question was: Anyone think it's going to beat other antispyware apps?

Duh... let me say it again... ZoneAlarm release a new version with AntiSpyware... my question was:  Anyone think it's going to beat other antispyware apps?

585571161[/snapback]

But... It's actually just a bundle with ZApro and some antispyware, right? Tell me if I'm totally wrong here. :)

You said,

The new version of ZoneAlarm update has AntiSpyware.  What about Ad-aware Pro and Windows AntiSpyware?  Will ZA render other AntiSpyware useless?

585509040[/snapback]

What are you talking about? :unsure:

I'm confused like everyone else...first reaction, cool, better update from v5.5.062.011 which was released a long time ago. Clicked on your link which has links to v5.5.062.011 so it's NOT a new version... and I don't see any press release or anything announcing the integration of any anti-spyware detection/removal so what about Ad-aware Pro and Windows AntiSpyware? :huh:

Yes that's the version that ZoneAlarm start adding that AntiSpyware thing onto it but I think they might have not announce it yet till v5.5.080.000 is released to the public...

Zone Alarm has not added any antispyware feature per se to its own app.

The antispyware given in the bundle is actually from Anonymizer Inc. (www.anonymizer.com). A company popular for its anonymous sufing software.

since you have to pay for it i doubt it will be as popular as the other options.

585509122[/snapback]

Agreaed! But thx for the update.