Rumour mill claims Longhorn has a real name

I designed these box shots  :yes:

585512303[/snapback]

You should try to get in touch with Microsoft. That first one is really nice looking and very professional, definately a good canidate for a box cover (maybe with a few minor tweaks).

GIVE ME A BREAK!....the OS is in FREAKING ALPHA!....no way MS is thinking of a name already....

Remeber XP?...Microsoft didn't come up with a name till...like what? 3 weeks before the RTM release?.....that is so fake it's not even funny....

Neowin Member: "OMG LOLz, teh name is teh stoopid!!! Microsoft are teh stupid!!!!"

Sensible Observer to Neowin Member: "The article clearly states the rumor status of this speculative branding. This may or may not be a candidate name for Windows Codename Longhorn. Let's all hope that it is not."

Remeber XP?...Microsoft didn't come up with a name till...like what? 3 weeks before the RTM release?.....that is so fake it's not even funny....

585513298[/snapback]

Couple weeks before Beta 2 actually.

But anyways... yeah, move this to the Jokes forum. ;)

Umm, everybody trashing Inquirer seems to have short term memory lapse !  :rofl: Most of their news turns out true, heck even Neowin uses them as "source" for various newstories.

Wasnt Inquirer the first to post that Whistler was going to named XP ?

585511751[/snapback]

No I think that was Paul Thurrott.

It sounds like a name Homer Simpson would come up with.

If Microsoft is really contemplating this name, then their marketing gurus with their ponytails and chardonnay should "do lunch" a bit less and take a visit to the real world.

You should try to get in touch with Microsoft.  That first one is really nice looking and very professional, definately a good canidate for a box cover (maybe with a few minor tweaks).

585513189[/snapback]

I already have ;)

More later...