Rumour mill claims Longhorn has a real name

I Hate when my time get's wasted like this. :angry: If that was true I would be Extremly suprised and dissapointed in the lack of imagination from Microsoft. :pinch:

I already have ;)

More later...

585514484[/snapback]

I thought they looked good too. :rofl:

But I hope they don't steal your ideas. They've got their own inhouse design group paid for that sort of thing, and I don't think MS is all that terribly trustworthy a company. :cry:

You should try to get in touch with Microsoft.  That first one is really nice looking and very professional, definately a good canidate for a box cover (maybe with a few minor tweaks).

585513189[/snapback]

LOL. OK, they are nice designs (so don't get ****ed at me, they're nice-looking pics), but candidate for a real box cover? The 4 windows in that first design are clipped, and there's no way the company would even consider a cover where an official logo was clipped off. And give me one good reason why Microsoft would use a design from somebody when they probably pay an entire department of people to do this stuff.

LOL.  OK, they are nice designs (so don't get ****ed at me, they're nice-looking pics), but candidate for a real box cover?  The 4 windows in that first design are clipped, and there's no way the company would even consider a cover where an official logo was clipped off.  And give me one good reason why Microsoft would use a design from somebody when they probably pay an entire department of people to do this stuff.

585518678[/snapback]

:whistle: :rolleyes:

I don't think so, it's too much effort to say, they want a name that's easy for consumers to remember.

They had Win ME, easy to remember, Win XP, see the less effort it is to remember the better.

Windows ME's Codename was millennium. :yes:

585519355[/snapback]

Yeah but that had some relevance, it was released in the new millenium so they could get away with calling it Millenium Edition. Now longhorn doesnt have much relavance at all! Although, I've really got used to calling it that!

Windows Reloaded, Windows eXP-edition and Windows Longhorn were SOME of the code names for the upcoming Windows... Someone from Microsoft confirmed it on a show called M.Net here in Montreal. I never knew they were all about the SAME OS.

That means Windows eXP-edition is just another codename for Longhorn, but the guy hasn't said it was going to be the official name for Windows.

Then I think they just changed the Reloaded thing for the Service Pack 2 and some other separated files.

Edit : Some misc things fixed.

Edited by PsykX