Should Neowin remove it's custom scrollbars?

80 members have voted

1. 1. Should Neowin remove it's custom scrollbars?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don\'t Care

How many of you think that Neowin should remove it's custom scrollbars? IMO they are kind of annoying since they override the scrollbars in the visual styles.

Originally posted by cgx33

they match my theme prefectly ;) also, i dont really care, i think ppl who are so obsessed bout how thier GUI and icons look should get a life...

Hehe.. thats like 85% of the people here.

Originally posted by Faction

Hehe.. thats like 85% of the people here.

Well, that makes me one of the remaining 15% then;) The scrollbars can stay dammit:lick:

I will repeat...YES!

I don't like...I even detest the way that sites feel the need to take over my browser.

I am glad that the scrollbars are the only change they make...but am afraid that they may try to change other aspects as well someday.

please...leave my browser alone! Let me do the customizing to my own PC!

PS. This is the only gripe that I have against neowin. It is a great site otherwise.

use proxomitron and replace

<pre>{scrollbar-DarkShadow-Color:#5A75AD; scrollbar-Track-Color:#eeeeee; scrollbar-Face-Color:#476297; scrollbar-Shadow-Color:#476297; scrollbar-Highlight-Color:#E6EAF2; scrollbar-3dLight-Color:#476297; scrollbar-Arrow-Color:#E6EAF2}</pre>

with

<pre>{  }</pre>

and you won't get colored scrollbars on neowin

MxxCon: Proxomitron works, but it's crazy to have to have an application running in the background just to remove custom scrollbars.

It's not that big of a deal to me, but I figured other people might feel the same as I do. For me custom scrollbars fall into the same category as animated gifs, flashing text and embedded midi files...Just because you CAN do it doesn't mean that you SHOULD do it. It's just not necessary for a website to do this to look good. Neowin would look just as good with out the scrollbars.

When I was on XP, I was a bit of a perfectionist and I liked everything to match so i didn't like them, but now I use Mozilla on OS X and it's all good so I'm not fussed either way

Originally posted by DOCa Cola

they match the design of the rest of the site, so they are no problem for me

Yeah true, but i wouldnt really mind if they were gone either. I do love my seer theme :D NEOWIN SEER THEME!!!