Guitar and amp

not sure if i posted in right area closest i could find so feel free to move it, anyway im getting a guitar on saterday and mabye an amp and i was just wondering can it be plugged into a home theatre amp so i dont have to spend more money my amp is a onkyo 501 and dont think it makes a diffrence but the speakers are bose 301's. also can anyone recomend a really cheap guitar or shop in victoria. im gona get like a fake brand 160 ozzy dollar guitar, its not gona break or nothing is it. is it worth getting somthing a bit better, i mean i dont even know how to play im gona get a book and self teach it.

thanks in advance

not sure if i posted in right area closest i could find so feel free to move it, anyway im getting a guitar on saterday and mabye an amp and i was just wondering can it be plugged into a home theatre amp so i dont have to spend more money my amp is a onkyo 501 and dont think it makes a diffrence but the speakers are bose 301's. also can anyone recomend a really cheap guitar or shop in victoria. im gona get like a fake brand 160 ozzy dollar guitar, its not gona break or nothing is it. is it worth getting somthing a bit better, i mean i dont even know how to play im gona get a book and self teach it.

thanks in advance

585520592[/snapback]

If you really desire to play guitar and cover songs, and enjoy it when you play your friends guitars - then go for it.

I am personally grabbing the OLP John Petrucci model next week. $160 sounds really cheap. I would reccommend against getting a copy Strat (the usual 'beginners guitar'), as I have played my friends and its not too friendly towards me. I am spending ?230 on my first guitar (goes for about $350ish in the US) - just because I would rather learn on something half-decent than something iffy. Once you get playing, you may want a sightly better guitar in the future anyway.

I have tried the OLP John Petrucci - and its miles better than any cheap strat I have played (double the cost - go figure). Pickups are decent too for stock and very easy to move around on the neck. The neck gets thinner at the top so imo its easier to play.

Guitar through stereo will sound awful. Even worse than a cheap, cheap amp.

IMO, spend more on the guitar and pick up a little 5W pocket amp.

some people will never understand music

anyway ive decided to get an ibanez rg170r

thanks in advance

585520592[/snapback]

Get a guitar amp.