Almost Here...CherryOS

CherryOS is a software translator that allows you to install Apple's Operating System on x86 computer architecture. To put it simply you can now run Apple's award winning Panther OS on your PC! This breakthrough in OS development now gives home users, software developers and web designer's ultimate flexibility in both the operating system and hardware platform they choose for their personal computers or testing environments.

CherryOS runs OS X as a virtual machine on a Windows PC. This virtual machine has full network capabilities including the ability to share folders and access the web.

$49.95

? Network Access ? Altivec(G4) Emulation ? Drag & Drop ? Sound Capabilities ? Easy Install & Setup ? Supports OS X ? CD/DVD Drive Access

if you want a trial go here www.pearpc.net . Its the exact same prog for free. These ******s lifted the code straight from the guys at pear pc that have worked their asses off with this project.

The speed claims are false anyways.

Why do u think they have to keep delaying the program? Because they keep finding remnance of pearpc code and don't want to get caught.

ANyone Else Agree with ME?

The CherryOS project has intrigued me since we first heard about it.

I don't believe for a second that everything they say is true, but equally they've gone to a hell of a lot of trouble to publicise it and make it look professional so, who knows? They'll release *something*... I'll be very interested to see what it is and, as you say russ0943, if it is a lift of PearPC.

Will it be possible to run CherryOS, in Virtual PC, on OS X? Just for no good reason and as a really uber-geeky experiment.

:)

585522342[/snapback]

Running PearPC in Virtual PC on OS X "should" work, but will be even more slower.

Will it be possible to run CherryOS, in Virtual PC, on OS X? Just for no good reason and as a really uber-geeky experiment.

:)

585522342[/snapback]

You could but you would be better off installing Linux on your mac and running OSX through MOL.

there is good evidence to show that cherry is a ripoff of pear.

585524788[/snapback]

can you source that? i'd really like to see that evidence :)

Cherry OS (if it exists) = $49.99

OS X Panther = $129.00

Total = 178.99

Or 36% of the cost of a basic Mac mini....

It's hardly great economy if you want to try OS X, seeing as your total investment would be negated.