Are you Microsoft Certified?

56 members have voted

1. 1. Are you Microsoft Certified?

• Yes
    • No

Originally posted by Phinal Phantasm

I'm currently not certified, but am currently about to take the MCP test... followed swiftly by the MCSE (Haven't decided whether to take the Windows 2000 track or Windows XP track... any suggestions on that one?) and then the MCSA. Hope to get them soon... hopefully in the nexrt couple months! :) Plus... my current job is paying for it! :D

If you are MCSE certified, you have already been certified for MCSA. You become MCSA on the way to MCSE. MCP is any one passed exam.

I am a Novell CNE Classic, CNE3, CNE4, CNE411(IntraNetware), and CNE5 ....

But since they are slipping away (GREAT product, BAD marketing) ... I guess I will have to apply myself and get the Microsoft Certs. I am currently the senior network administrator for a chemical plant that has ~500 nodes and 15 NT servers (14-NT4 ... 1-WIN2K) and alot of Cisco equipment.

Point being ... like someone said earlier ... the fact that you have a CERT or not ... doesn't necessarily make you a better admin then the next guy. That is what they call "Paper MCSE (CNE)". This means you got the paper ... but still don't know CRAP!

Originally posted by freeza

im trying to find the best route to go this fall....so any opinions are appreciated.

As someone alreadly said build a small network to apply what you learn from the studying. Also find what is the best way for you to study. Some go to MCSE bootcamps, intense studying for a week or two. i dont recommend that route though unless you have alot of experience. I study by getting good books. I like the author . Good examples and not too dry either.

Originally posted by Deckhand

No, but I did stay at the Holiday Inn last night!

What's that has anything to do with the certificate?

Don't tell me you go to sleep there to get the certificate.