4.0 GPA

Finaly, I think I got somethign I can actually post in here about :whistle:.

Got my report card for school today, and I have gotton a 4.0 GPA. The BEST GPA you can get. I worked hard to get it last six weeks, now to keep it....

Go me! :beer:!

Be good people and rate this thread!

Edited by Mess.be Fanatic

Ahh, don't worry, when you get to the 'real world' nobody is going to care what your GPA in high school was. Some of us took the hardest classes we could and didn't have grade weighting, it all gets calculated out in the end, so I'm glad my school didn't give us illusions of better grades :p

Ahh, don't worry, when you get to the 'real world' nobody is going to care what your GPA in high school was.  Some of us took the hardest classes we could and didn't have grade weighting, it all gets calculated out in the end, so I'm glad my school didn't give us illusions of better grades :p

585529504[/snapback]

Actually some colleges look for those that graduate top of their class, or in the top 5% or something. Thus, those with weighted GPA's will come out on top, but yes weighting classes doesn't matter as colleges have their own systems for calculating GPA's.

nice (Y)

585529447[/snapback]

Thanks

nice one

585529448[/snapback]

Thanks

Keep it up! (Y)

585529458[/snapback]

I hope I can :D.

Congratulations on your 4.0 GPA :)

585529466[/snapback]

Thanks

you wont keep it long. i finished HS with 2.9 :p

it stayed at 2.5 for 3 years! it was a nice change me thinks...

585529468[/snapback]

I hope I can, I need a good GPA to get into a nice college I want to go to.

...you can get a 4.6.

Its called taking the extra step and going for AP classes.

585529470[/snapback]

No, the highest in our school is 4.0.

i think he meant unweighted, as not all schools have weighted GPA's

585529476[/snapback]

Yeah...

not to boast, but my current semester gpa is 4.25 and my cumulative is 3.87.

I'm a senior in high school.

I was so happy the first time i got 4.0

585529479[/snapback]

Congrats!

Awesome work! Keep it up!

585529485[/snapback]

Thanks, I hope I can

Haha that's nothing at my school....the top 70 people have 4.0 gpas.

585529494[/snapback]

This six week, I and 47 other 9th graders had 4.0's.

4.9 average, and yet he spells "finally" with one "l" in his thread title :p j/k

585529497[/snapback]

I don't get it :pinch:

Ahh, don't worry, when you get to the 'real world' nobody is going to care what your GPA in high school was. Some of us took the hardest classes we could and didn't have grade weighting, it all gets calculated out in the end, so I'm glad my school didn't give us illusions of better grades :p

585529504[/snapback]

Actually, they will...

nice, i have a 3.45 now

585529517[/snapback]

Congrats

Actually some colleges look for those that graduate top of their class, or in the top 5% or something. Thus, those with weighted GPA's will come out on top, but yes weighting classes doesn't matter as colleges have their own systems for calculating GPA's.

585529527[/snapback]

Yup.

well done. keep it up :D

585529548[/snapback]

thanks

well done

585529600[/snapback]

thanks

Go you :D

585529802[/snapback]

thanks

Talk about weighted averages all you want, colleges and businesses do not care about weighted GPAs. They want to know your non-weighted GPA - period.

Congrats on the 4.0 - it is THE BEST GPA you can get.

Did you not read what I just posted?!

585530354[/snapback]

AP classes arent weighted just because they are hard.. its because they are college level courses....

And colleges and businesses do care about weighted grades... otherwise why would I be taking honors geometry and have a C+ in it (so it counts as a 3) instead of going to normal easy geo and getting a B in it (3)