4.0 GPA

I have never seen a college application that asks for a waited GPA. I have never been on an interview where they ask for a weighted GPA.

My high school and college days are long gone (not that long though!) but I do not think things have changed.

I remember on the college applications that they ask for your GPA on a scale of 4 (maybe 3 too, can't remember) and it specifically said not to put anything about 4.0 - not that I had that anyway :p

nerd

geek

teachers pet

snitch!

loser!

LOSER!

SINGLE!

:( no im just ****ed that ur getting so good

congratulations  (Y)

585530250[/snapback]

No

No

No

no

no

no

no

thanks.

Talk about weighted averages all you want, colleges and businesses do not care about weighted GPAs.  They want to know your non-weighted GPA - period.

Congrats on the 4.0 - it is THE BEST GPA you can get.

585530346[/snapback]

Thanks alot!

while 4.0 is really good, you could do better. My school didn't have weighted honors, but I took all honors anyway, and took AP history, CHS chem, CHS physics and a college CADD class, so my GPA upon HS graduation was 4.17. try harder and it will seriously pay off. Slackers never win.

Slackers win just fine. I partied, smoked pot, cheated, and "slacked" my way through university and HS, now I have my chemical Engineering degree, and have a great job making just as much or more than the non-slackers that were in my classes. Marks arn't everything, not saying I didn't have good marks, I'm just saying there are many other variables to consider. Why work extra hard, when only a little work and lots of play time will get you to the same point in life.

I went to two high schools. I started at a public one, moved to a private one a few hours south, and then ended high school back at the first one. The first one i only went to for the first semester of grade nine, and it was hard for me. I think i probably had like a 3.2-ish (maybe lower) GPA, which is pretty bad for me.

When i moved to my second school, which was near Missouri (if you live in the Mid-west you know what i'm talking about)... i immediately jumped up to a 4.0. I got a 4.0 all five of the semesters that i was there. And it was a PRIVATE school, my parents paid them like thousands of dollars a year for me to go there. You would not believe how simple people who live by/in Missouri are. It's really sad.

When i moved back to my first school (a public high school almost 10 times bigger than the private one), my GPA fell to like 3.4-ish, and that's about how it stayed the rest of the year. So i guess that gave me like a 3.75-ish. I couldn't take any AP classes because of weird scheduling conflicts from going to two different schools with different requirements. :shrug:

... Um. The moral of the story is that Missouri sucks, i guess.

4.0 GPA? gotta get me one of those haha.

There's quite a bit of people who get those at my school its hella annoying. Damn smart hard working people.

Then again my school is whack we have like 20+ valedictorians every which makes no sense since it's supposed to be one person.

Not really the best, seeing how a 5.0 is the best, but anyways congrats. For my last 4 report cards ive been shy by one A!

585536213[/snapback]

No, 4.0 is the best GPA you can get.

good job, i know i sure as hell dont have the "willpower" to do that.

my friend has a 5.0 for this semseter(junior).

i have about half of that :laugh:

im talking a couple AP's cause im actually interested in the subject. i really couldnt care leass what my GPA is.

congrats!! wish i could be like you. Im still a freshman in HS, and my GPA is LOW :D

585536204[/snapback]

I'm a Freshman too man :p.

Not really the best, seeing how a 5.0 is the best, but anyways congrats. For my last 4 report cards ive been shy by one A!

585536213[/snapback]

well in the us you can get a 5.0 if you have all AP classes.

585536237[/snapback]

No, 4.0 is the highest you can get in any county in Tennessee. You can take AP classes, but only lik 4 are offered, and the classes are only offered to Juniors and Seniors.