4.0 GPA

Ritalin

Ah... I remember the days when i used to care about my GPA...

Circaflex
I'm a Freshman too man :p.

No, 4.0 is the highest you can get in any county in Tennessee. You can take AP classes, but only lik 4 are offered, and the classes are only offered to Juniors and Seniors.

585537326[/snapback]

A 5.0 is possible, dont argue with me. If you take all AP classes and get an A in every class, the A is worth 5 points instead of 4. If you want to argue go ahead but I'm correct, many of my friends have received 5.0's this year and last year.

Sean B.
A 5.0 is possible, dont argue with me. If you take all AP classes and get an A in every class, the A is worth 5 points instead of 4. If you want to argue go ahead but I'm correct, many of my friends have received 5.0's this year and last year.

585538082[/snapback]

That is IF the school offers AP classes. Only like 4 or 5 my teacher told me in Tennessee offer AP classes.......

pimpshiznid

585538082[/snapback]

In California they may be possible, but not the rest of the world... So don't speak for everyone if you don't really know. :rolleyes:

For example, the public school system in Indiana has 4.0 as the highest GPA, and AP classes are seperate and not tallied into the GPA, as they are college level classes.

g-n-t
In California they may be possible, but not the rest of the world... So don't speak for everyone if you don't really know.  :rolleyes:

For example, the public school system in Indiana has 4.0 as the highest GPA, and AP classes are seperate and not tallied into the GPA, as they are college level classes.

585540000[/snapback]

unless they dont count in your school then youre right. but saying there arent enough classes isnt true.

you can take some AP classes in another school. or you could move. nothing is impossible.

and im glad i dont live anywhere other than California.

ZZOOzzoo
GPA = Grade point average.  Its like reducing your soul down to a single digit number.

585538063[/snapback]

Very well said. :yes:

yert*
Ahh, don't worry, when you get to the 'real world' nobody is going to care what your GPA in high school was.  Some of us took the hardest classes we could and didn't have grade weighting, it all gets calculated out in the end, so I'm glad my school didn't give us illusions of better grades :p

585529504[/snapback]

Um, actually, having a 4.0 can help one get into college easier. They like that sort of thing. There are probably scholarships for 4.0 students too.

yert*
I have never seen a college application that asks for a waited GPA.  I have never been on an interview where they ask for a weighted GPA.

My high school and college days are long gone (not that long though!) but I do not think things have changed.

I remember on the college applications that they ask for your GPA on a scale of 4 (maybe 3 too, can't remember) and it specifically said not to put anything about 4.0 - not that I had that anyway&nbsp:p:p

585530384[/snapback]

Oh, you looked at every college in the world to check to see if they care about weighted GPAs?

stotan12

screw you all, i'm the smartest person here, and i don't need gpa to prove it. HAH.

yert*
screw you all, i'm the smartest person here, and i don't need gpa to prove it. HAH.

585540098[/snapback]

No sir I r defnatlee smater

stotan12

nope...but you do have good taste in chicks.

Snipe
well in the us you can get a 5.0 if you have all AP classes.

585536237[/snapback]

You are full of shi*. There are plenty of schools that do not offer AP classes. Ask people in college about it - 'honors' or 'AP' weighted GPAs do not mean SH|7. If you have a 100000.0 GPA, the most you can put on your transcipt is 4.0 out of 4.0 - sorry :sleep:

You may get college credit, but that is all you get. And what they don't tell you is if you go into a technical major (engineering, science, math, etc...), that AP class does not mean SH|7 either, sorry you have to take the Chemistry/Biology/Calculus, etc.... for technical majors! w00t, j00 got pwned & wasted your time, meanwhile you could have been getting drunk and having fun. :laugh:

GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL, 4.0 OUT OF 4.0 IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS!!!! :angry:

stotan12

straight up, you guys are all idiots for even arguing about this.

Snipe

I try to tell it like it is, but people just won't listen. Some geeky kid is going to say he has a 4.5 out of 4.0 and play like he is all in the know when I have been there, done that, and he/she has not. I am tired of the nonsense! :p

g-n-t
You are full of shi*.  There are plenty of schools that do not offer AP classes.  Ask people in college about it - 'honors' or 'AP' weighted GPAs do not mean SH|7.  If you have a 100000.0 GPA, the most you can put on your transcipt is 4.0 out of 4.0 - sorry  :sleep: 

You may get college credit, but that is all you get.  And what they don't tell you is if you go into a technical major (engineering, science, math, etc...), that AP class does not mean SH|7 either, sorry you have to take the Chemistry/Biology/Calculus, etc.... for technical majors! w00t, j00 got pwned & wasted your time, meanwhile you could have been getting drunk and having fun.  :laugh:

GET IT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL, 4.0 OUT OF 4.0 IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS!!!!  :angry:

585540119[/snapback]

i wont have to take history in college.

i sure as hell am not going to be a history major.

lav-chan

I wonder a lot how someone who can't spell out 'and' and T4LK5 L|K3 7H|5 knows so much about high GPAs....

stotan12

any decent college won't accept anything but a 5 on an AP test for credit.

Snipe
i wont have to take history in college.

i sure as hell am not going to be a history major.

585540137[/snapback]

Yea, that would pretty much be a waste. I did not have to take history in college :whistle:

Snipe
any decent college won't accept anything but a 5 on an AP test for credit.

585540140[/snapback]

Like I said, not all high schools offer AP classes. :no:

stotan12

i know. many still offer co-op or similar courses through nearby universities.

Snipe

Or you can just go test out.

g-n-t

while your at it, you can just go drop out of high school and flip burgers the rest of your life. Problem solved!

stotan12

or you can just reinvent the wheel and skip college altogether.

Snipe
I wonder a lot how someone who can't spell out 'and' and T4LK5 L|K3 7H|5 knows so much about high GPAs....

585540139[/snapback]

I wonder why people still use the phrase 'a lot' :whistle:

Go fly a kite :p