What would make you switch to linux?

Would you change to linux?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Would you change to linux?

• Definitely not
    • Definitely with certain fixes to linux
    • Maybe with fixes
    • I'm already a linux user

I personally dislike Linux for a workstation. Its fantastic for servers, but I tried 3 kinds of Linux and didn't like it. Doesn't offer the features I want from an OS.

Umm...that's one of the major advantages of linux. It works great on slow machines. My linux box right now is an 800mhz amd with 256 megs pc133 ram, tnt2 video card and onboard sound. It's running vectorlinux with kde and a samba server (in constant use) flawlessly. I really haven't seen any more lag than my 2700+ with a gig ram, radeon 9800 pro in my windows box (or even using the same machine for linux, which I used to do).

Specs are pretty meaningless when it comes to linux, which is one of the reasons a lot of people start using it.

585538007[/snapback]

Linux actually runs better than windows. All of my friends that can't run XP run linux because it's what works for them.

My gf's pc (p3 450mhz, 512mb ram) can't run XP. Runs linux great.

585538013[/snapback]

my pc is a p2 233mhz, 192mb of ram, XP runs fine on it, last time i installed Suse on it it had a lot of lag, but thats probably because of the distro i chose.. *shrugs*

Would it be cool with a moderator if I posted this elsewhere? I'm curious how many windows users are willing to switch.

585541337[/snapback]

New poll in the poll section. Please vote in it again

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=ST&f=59&t=290795

585541581[/snapback]

I would have moved this for you...

Oh, well. With two thread open, one is redundant and no longer needed.

* thread closed *