[U.K.]Ban on Fishing

Ban on Fishing, add you point of view also.  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Ban on Fishing, add you point of view also.

• Do not ban ?
    • Ban ?
    • Not sure.

Anti-Hunt groups got their way on a Ban on, 'hunting with Dogs', a.k.a Fox Hunting, Coursing etc.. A Labour minister also admitted it was really a class thing, I digress.

Now they want to ban Fishing. In the U.K. it's the biggest participated sport on anyone day of the week, more Fish than watch Football on a Saturday for example.

You tell me your opinions.

Hiya all,

I really have no opinion on fishing really. To me it's borring, but that's just me.

BeyondGodlike - Brits don't usually kill the fish and are rarely kept out of the water for longer than 30 seconds.

- Brent

the main reason they wanted the ban on hunting with dogs is because of what the dogs do to the foxes when they catch them. its not exactly nice to get torn apart by a pack of animals. fishing isnt quite as viscious.

Hunting with dogs got banned, who cares, people will continue anyhow. I personally hate to see little bits of our heritage being taken away by beurocrats in the cities.

Fishing? Well, I never really fished much, but I know friends who do, and they put the fish back.

I would say "not ban".

If what they say is true:

# The fish are not harmed

# The fish are kept out of water only for a moment

Also, my thoughts:

# It helps keep tabs on the volume of fish in a lake

# The fish are fed, how is that bad

# The fish are only following their natural instinct going for bait/lure, so it's just "training" their natural activity

Fox hunting is a class thing, where they get kicks out of it. To quote a man from the Ali-G show on fox hunting, it was something like "It makes me feel like a man," or "makes me feel big".

where on earth did you hear that? I've not heard anything about banning fishing? How would we eat fish then?

Fox hunting with dogs was such a barbaric thing to do, those in support I class as terrorists. Cause that's what they do, cause terror to innocent animals.

They aren't planning a fishing ban in the u.k at all.  The guys talking through his arse.

585546125[/snapback]

Don't be rude, I speak via my mouth not my arse as you put it.

where on earth did you hear that?

It's currently being discussed on the radio as I write this!

Ban fishing? I think that is ridiculous. I have witnessed 'sport' type fishing, they get chucked straight back into the water. I don't know about the pain they might feel, and I guess it must be a bit traumatic for them at that moment, but a I'm sure they forget it all pretty quickly (not like fox hunting, which I kind of agree with banning because it is pointless killing).

Also, people eat fish. If fishing is banned then how will that work? Might as well carry on and ban eating all meat while we're at it. (I can't wait til I can vote against labour and theier nanny government.)

i have never been fishing before in my life as it does not appeal to me, but i see no reason to ban it, as somebody sed earlier they quite often put fish back into the water anyway so whats wrong with that?

fishing isnt just a sport thing,

Fishing PROVIDES OUR COUNTRY WITH FOOD if you live in a fishing dependant county like cornwall you can understand this,

if you ban fishing you would also have to ban farming,

and its not just the fishermen you put out of business, its the fish buyers, the metchents the market men and people like me i supply electronics for boats.

No boats no business for if you say ban fishing you need to ban farming stop eating meat stop having pets ect so NO WAY.

anyone who wants to ban farming is a complete and utter ******

Hey since we're at it.... might as well ban farm animal food and food that comes from plants (because plants are living things too people!)

Who says we can't live off eating rocks and plastic???? :wacko:

fox hunting and fishing are 2 totally different activities- foxhunting is cruel and harmful-done for joy by stupid idiots. and fishing-well its done for food..!!! :angry:

to ban fishing all together would have a knockon effect-to other industries which would be catastrophic for the government.!! whereas a ban on foxhunting wouldnt effect anyone.

actually that tory muppet is the only thing that will save our country.

585547496[/snapback]

Save us from what? :p Getting jobs and having a comfortable life? I don't want to be saved from that. :p

The tories have a legacy of turning all they touch to dirt. Look at the state the post office and british rail are in for example. Now we have 9 million call centres and no shipbuilding industry (not to mention the steel or coal industries either.) Woo hoo, good call from them :p