Good News for the Pot Smokers

I don't get the analogy. What does sexual orientation have to do with drugs?

585553831[/snapback]

^ what he said,

apart from that: "whys it legal to smoke cigs and not weed" ...

I believe Alcohol should be illegal also.

585550913[/snapback]

WTF r u talking about? Ever hit up a saturday and get off on vodka or something? Either your rich and dont work or you have no problems in like and live stressfree

Non-medical benifits? Ummm... do I seriously need to tell you?  :rofl:  Ummm, makes things funny, relaxes you, makes food taste better, makes sex better, makes things more interesting.... hell, lots of things, which also differ from person to person.

585551096[/snapback]

Exactly........getting high is just something fun to do. Am I hurting anyone else other than myself? And if some say its a way to suicide yourself then why not ban knifes since you can slit your wrists with it? There is no reason it should be illegal.

Outlaw alcohol, hell no :beer:!

585551809[/snapback]

:yes:

WTF r u talking about? Ever hit up a saturday and get off on vodka or something? Either your rich and dont work or you have no problems in like and live stressfree

585553877[/snapback]

Or maybe I'm poor and very stressed out and have personal opinions on non-medicinial drug usage?

I have NO problem with Alcohol or Weed etc being used for medical reasons, hell I'd even go so far as to say make Weed de-criminalized to a certain extent to that end. But make it legal for anyone to use it whenever they want?

And just to set the record straight, I did enough drugs and booze when I was in College, enough to know I won't ever touch them again. Yes, booze is nice to have after a long hard day, you don't need to tell me. I used to have a nice glass of Amaretto after work sometimes, and Tequila all the time. But Alcohol is something I'll never have again due to my surgery. I kid you not, I got wasted off a capful of Nyquil last time I had a cold. Thanks to my surgery! Yay!

from my experience, smoking the canabis downgrades your memory..but hell its worth it especially when you're hotboxing your car with a bunch of friends in it!

But make it legal for anyone to use it whenever they want?

Yes it should be, cause it's our damn lives, not the governments. It's OUR choice what we and don't do in life, not the governments!! A person shouldn't have to worry about being fined or sent to jail for something that is there god given right to do.

If the government wants to make something illegal, they should make pollution illegal!! But no cause there's too much money in it, as there is in keeping drugs illegal (ex. governments gets money to enforce drug laws, criminals make money on selling the illegal drugs.) :blink:

and you will get lung cancer and die before you are old enough to get Alzheimer's. nice.

there are good things about it, and bad things. i for one never have and never will smoke marijuana because i used to have epilepsy and the doctor told me that the part of the brain affected by marijuana is the same part of the brain that i was having the "unstable conditions" resulting in my petti mal seizures. he said there is a 50/50 chance i could bring it back if i smoked it. ive been seizure free for like 8+ years now, so i dont really wanna risk bringing them back.

i had a friend who smoked a lot, like a whole lot. one day him and his friend decided to bake out his friend's car and go driving. lost control of the car and got hit on the side with my friend in it and it killed him. yeah, drugs are great.

the fact that there are some positive things about it does not mean that the common person should abuse the drug to feel good. there are medical uses for it and it should be left to that.

Or maybe I'm poor and very stressed out and have personal opinions on non-medicinial drug usage?

I have NO problem with Alcohol or Weed etc being used for medical reasons, hell I'd even go so far as to say make Weed de-criminalized to a certain extent to that end. But make it legal for anyone to use it whenever they want?

And just to set the record straight, I did enough drugs and booze when I was in College, enough to know I won't ever touch them again. Yes, booze is nice to have after a long hard day, you don't need to tell me. I used to have a nice glass of Amaretto after work sometimes, and Tequila all the time. But Alcohol is something I'll never have again due to my surgery. I kid you not, I got wasted off a capful of Nyquil last time I had a cold. Thanks to my surgery! Yay!

585553914[/snapback]

So due to your surgery you now have very strong reactions to alcohol, and therefore everyone shouldn't drink?

and you will get lung cancer and die before you are old enough to get Alzheimer's.? nice.

585554080[/snapback]

Cancer is usually triggered by toxic chemicals, not only tobacco or weed, but industrial chemicals, pollutants, and radioactive substances in our food, air, water, and environment.

your chance of getting cancer is about 1 in 2. regardless if you smoke or not.

it's amazing that everyone just thinks of smoking and cancer to coincide, when in fact people years ago smoked much more often, and mainly filterless cigarettes for that matter. and back in the 60's for example, your chance of getting cancer was about 1 in 4.

everyone needs to realize that yes smoking anything is bad for you, but our environment in general is much worse overall than it used to be. and has a greater effect on our health than anything else.

i had a friend who smoked a lot, like a whole lot.  one day him and his friend decided to bake out his friend's car and go driving.  lost control of the car and got hit on the side with my friend in it and it killed him.  yeah, drugs are great.

the fact that there are some positive things about it does not mean that the common person should abuse the drug to feel good.  there are medical uses for it and it should be left to that.

585554080[/snapback]

You actually brought up a point I wanted to talk about.

I personally have never smoked weed in my life. However, I do know a bunch of friends who do and on a regular basis. The thing is that they think that I don't notice but there is a huge change in their behavior. They are slow to react to everything and they take quite a few seconds to respond to a simple question.

Now I could care less about what you do to your own body and I don't think my friends are stupid for smoking. What really irks me though is how some of them have the nerve to tell me that they can drive perfectly fine after smoking weed! :angry: You are under the influence of a substance!! How in the hell are you supposed to be able to have good reaction times for driving when it takes you 30 seconds to answer a simple question?! :argh: That is the one thing that ****es me off about potheads (and any other alcoholic or drug user/abuser for that matter). No matter what subtances you are taking regardless of what it is (prescription medication, alcohol, weed, other illegal drugs, cough syrup, etc.), you shouldn't drive a vehicle. For some reason, people think they are immortal and end up driving anyways and killing all sorts of innocent people along the way.

and you will get lung cancer and die before you are old enough to get Alzheimer's.  nice.

there are good things about it, and bad things.  i for one never have and never will smoke marijuana because i used to have epilepsy and the doctor told me that the part of the brain affected by marijuana is the same part of the brain that i was having the "unstable conditions" resulting in my petti mal seizures.  he said there is a 50/50 chance i could bring it back if i smoked it.  ive been seizure free for like 8+ years now, so i dont really wanna risk bringing them back.

"Researchers have found naturally occurring proteins in humans that are similar to the active ingredient in marijuana may protect the brain against epileptic seizures.

The research, which appears in the Oct. 3 issue of Science, found the substances produced by the body, called cannabinoids, may play a role in keeping excitable neurons in the brain from becoming fatally overstimulated. " Source

i had a friend who smoked a lot, like a whole lot.  one day him and his friend decided to bake out his friend's car and go driving.  lost control of the car and got hit on the side with my friend in it and it killed him.  yeah, drugs are great.

And lots of people get in accidents while driving and talking on a Cellphone. Does that mean we should make Cellphones illegal? Hell no, but make laws that prohibit driving under the influence of drugs. Simple.

the fact that there are some positive things about it does not mean that the common person should abuse the drug to feel good.  there are medical uses for it and it should be left to that.

There's a big difference between casual use, and abusing the drug! There is nothing wrong with toking up occasionally. Everything in life needs to be takin' in moderation. If your toking up all day everyday, then you need to re-evaluate your life, and find something else to do.

The chances of getting lased drugs is so slim, it damn near never happens.  Why would a drug dealer put crap into weed that cost money from the dealers pocket?  Also why would a dealer want to put out a crappy product and have bad business??

-Peace  :D

585550796[/snapback]

Well here its totally different, pretty much everything you get here is laced with something, its pretty rare to get it unlaced here .. lol... its not actually bad business a lot of people like it laced.

You actually brought up a point I wanted to talk about.

I personally have never smoked weed in my life. However, I do know a bunch of friends who do and on a regular basis. The thing is that they think that I don't notice but there is a huge change in their behavior. They are slow to react to everything and they take quite a few seconds to respond to a simple question.

Now I could care less about what you do to your own body and I don't think my friends are stupid for smoking. What really irks me though is how some of them have the nerve to tell me that they can drive perfectly fine after smoking weed! :angry: You are under the influence of a substance!! How in the hell are you supposed to be able to have good reaction times for driving when it takes you 30 seconds to answer a simple question?! :argh: That is the one thing that ****es me off about potheads (and any other alcoholic or drug user/abuser for that matter). No matter what subtances you are taking regardless of what it is (prescription medication, alcohol, weed, other illegal drugs, cough syrup, etc.), you shouldn't drive a vehicle. For some reason, people think they are immortal and end up driving anyways and killing all sorts of innocent people along the way.

585554215[/snapback]

Well put. I've been smoking for eons now. ANd Now that i'm older(26) I only take one hit off a blunt and thats it. Don't want anymore, personally i don't like feeling all "Stuck" when i do smoke a large amount. I'm just happy with the slightest of buzzes. consider it the equivalent to drinking one small can of bud when coming home from work ;) But yea i've never gotten behind the wheel hwne i drank or smoked. Period. It's just not worth the chance. too risky imo

Edited by ripgut

maybe its me but i think that when ppl are stoned they tend to put more thought into what there doing. when asked questions they actually think about it before responding, when driving a car there like an old person driving slow and carefully (unlike drunks fast and wreckless) but again thats my opinion

Well put. I've been smoking for eons now. ANd Now that i'm older(26) I only take  one hit pff a blunt and thats it. Don't want anymore, personally  i don't like feeling all "Stuck" when i do smoke a large amount. I'm just happy with the slightest of buzzes. consider it the equivalent to drinking one small can of bud when coming home from work ;) But yea i've never gotten behind the wheel hwne i drank or smoked. Period. It's just not worth the chance. too risky imo

585554238[/snapback]

While I have a tolerance for cannabis, and can drive after smoking one joint, if I were too smoke lots and get really stoned it would probly become a distraction. Therefor I think laws preventing people from driving are understandable since at that point you do have other people lives in your hands, some who don't even know it (oncoming traffic).

Here's a news article from in December:

"Manitoba drivers suspected of being high on drugs will be asked to perform a specific series of tasks, including standing on one leg while counting out loud, under new regulations approved by the NDP government.

"The tests are, by nature, divided attention tests," David Greening, a senior Justice Department policy analyst, said in an interview.

"(Police) can determine if a person is impaired by how they perform on the tests.""

And that's the way it should be, divided attention tests, not what and how much you've smoked.

Drugs, or more precisely, chemicals are neutral substances that when added to the body produce different effects. So-called "good" drugs like aspirin have both beneficial and detrimental effects, ie., lowering the risk of heart attacks, pain relief and fever reduction, as well, it can cause liver and kidney damage. Since aspirin can lead to liver and kidney failure we should probably add that to the the "bad" drug list, it is certainly a hazard to public safty and therefore should be illegal, to hell with the useful effects of the chemical. I'm certainly not capable of knowing when and how much aspirin to consume, and I would feel much safer if the government removed the CHOICE from me, because I certainly don't have enough common sense to take aspirin responsibly. While we are at it, I think caffiene, which can impair normal function and lead to addiction should be made illegal, along with sugars, proteins, carbohydrates and fats, which can cause obesity and lead to heart failure and other negative consequences too numerous to state here, all for the concern of public safty. Thank god we have such a reponsible government to look after our well being.

Now it does make sense to regulate the uses of chemicals, like alcohol, you can consume as much as you want as long as you don't get behind the wheel of a moving vehicle. This makes sense. consuming marijuana, or lsd, or whatever else you feel like doing in your own home is fine, but doing so at work will probly get you a pink slip. Remember common sense, it seems that people assume if you smoke to much pot you lose the ability to exercise common sense, which I assure you is not true.

Listen, "The War on Drugs" is a bunch of propaganda thats serves no purpose other then collecting large amounts of you tax dollars, and criminalizing people who are either having a good time responibly or are suffering from psychological problems which have lead them to chemical dependency. The are not criminals, they are people.

Before you make assumptions based on the bullsh*t you learned in your high school health class from someone with a bachelors degree in education, you should read a few books on the subject of chemical use by people with doctorate degrees. Yes some chemicals are good for you and some are bad, but most are both, they just require a little bit of education concerning their use, and above all things responsibilty and a little common sense.

"God made Weed, Man Made Alcohol, Who do you trust?"

I think Ciggarettes, Alcohol and Weed should be 'controlled'... not illegal.

I can slowly see the world turning into a padded, safe nightmare :no:

So due to your surgery you now have very strong reactions to alcohol, and therefore everyone shouldn't drink?

585554139[/snapback]

No, due to my past experiences with alcohol I have strong feelings against it. Nothing to do with my surgery. I merely stated I can't have alcohol anymore. I don't have a problem with wine, and occasional beer booze etc to be honest. I just have a problem when people go "MAKE IT ALL LEGAL I LOVE IT SO ITS ALL GOOD YAY!" :|

"God made Weed, Man Made Alcohol, Who do you trust?"

585554354[/snapback]

[/FUD]

alcohol is the product of anerobic respiration by yeast, AND it occours naturally.

Drugs, or more precisely, chemicals are neutral substances that when added to the body produce different effects.  So-called "good" drugs like aspirin have both beneficial and detrimental effects, ie., lowering the risk of heart attacks, pain relief and fever reduction, as well, it can cause liver and kidney damage.  Since aspirin can lead to liver and kidney failure we should probably add that to the the "bad" drug list, it is certainly a hazard to public safty and therefore should be illegal, to hell with the useful effects of the chemical.  I'm certainly not capable of knowing when and how much aspirin to consume, and I would feel much safer if the government removed the CHOICE from me, because I certainly don't have enough common sense to take aspirin responsibly.  While we are at it, I think caffiene, which can impair normal function and lead to addiction should be made illegal, along with sugars, proteins, carbohydrates and fats, which can cause obesity and lead to heart failure and other negative consequences too numerous to state here, all for the concern of public safty.  Thank god we have such a reponsible government to look after our well being.

Now it does make sense to regulate the uses of chemicals, like alcohol, you can consume as much as you want as long as you don't get behind the wheel of a moving vehicle.  This makes sense.  consuming marijuana, or lsd, or whatever else you feel like doing in your own home is fine, but doing so at work will probly get you a pink slip.  Remember common sense, it seems that people assume if you smoke to much pot you lose the ability to exercise common sense, which I assure you is not true.

Listen, "The War on Drugs" is a bunch of propaganda thats serves no purpose other then collecting large amounts of you tax dollars, and criminalizing people who are either having a good time responibly or are suffering from psychological problems which have lead them to chemical dependency.  The are not criminals, they are people.

Before you make assumptions based on the bullsh*t you learned in your high school health class from someone with a bachelors degree in education, you should read a few books on the subject of chemical use by people with doctorate degrees.  Yes some chemicals are good for you and some are bad, but most are both, they just require a little bit of education concerning their use, and above all things responsibilty and a little common sense.

585554323[/snapback]

Well said. :yes:

alcohol is the product of anerobic respiration by yeast, AND it occours naturally.

True, still a cool quote though. :p

No, due to my past experiences with alcohol I have strong feelings against it. Nothing to do with my surgery. I merely stated I can't have alcohol anymore. I don't have a problem with wine, and occasional beer booze etc to be honest. I just have a problem when people go "MAKE IT ALL LEGAL I LOVE IT SO ITS ALL GOOD YAY!"

Just like good ol' Georgy Bush has done coke, pot, a recovering alcoholic, and has been arrested for DUI when he was younger. Now he's president of the US of A where people are put in jail for years for these things, while he gets to be president. BS! :angry:

Oh, want another quote? "Don't drink and drive, get high, fly home!" ;)

"Researchers have found naturally occurring proteins in humans that are similar to the active ingredient in marijuana may protect the brain against epileptic seizures.

The research, which appears in the Oct. 3 issue of Science, found the substances produced by the body, called cannabinoids, may play a role in keeping excitable neurons in the brain from becoming fatally overstimulated. " Source

and I think I'm going to trust the doctor I had at the dupont institute in wilmington delaware. doctors have found that it may keep neurons from getting fatally excited, however, alcohol also makes people mellow in small amounts. too much alcohol can kill a person, likewise, it is possible that too many cannabinoids can kill your neurons. im too lazy to look up a source for this, but rest assured that someone who used to have the condition might know a little about it... kthx.

And lots of people get in accidents while driving and talking on a Cellphone.  Does that mean we should make Cellphones illegal? Hell no, but make laws that prohibit driving under the influence of drugs.  Simple.

and many states are making it illegal to operate a cell phone without a hands free kit and drive at the same time. here in NY, it is illegal, many of my friends have already gotten tickets for it.

There's a big difference between casual use, and abusing the drug!  There is nothing wrong with toking up occasionally.  Everything in life needs to be takin' in moderation.  If your toking up all day everyday, then you need to re-evaluate your life, and find something else to do.

585554225[/snapback]

any use other than medical use is abusing it, and it is illegal in the US at least. i agree that everything needs to be taken in moderation, but smoking marijuana is irresponsible. it is an unregulated drug. the effects of the drug are not completely known. scientists discover something new about it every day, be it good or bad. we already know its got some of the same affects of smoking a cigarette, some good medical uses, but when you pick up a dime bag it doesnt have "hey, dont smoke this if you are pregnant or going to drive." its not regulated, its not proven to be safe, its not proven to be unsafe, its not proven. personally i dont really like playing with fire.

maybe its me but i think that when ppl are stoned they tend to put more thought into what there doing. when asked questions they actually think about it before responding, when driving a car there like an old person driving slow and carefully (unlike drunks fast and wreckless) but again thats my opinion

585554262[/snapback]

Maybe they do, but if someone stepped in front of them while they were driving, their reactions would be slower than if they were not stoned. So they are less likely to be able to avoid hitting the person.

While I have a tolerance for cannabis, and can drive after smoking one joint, if I were too smoke lots and get really stoned it would probly become a distraction.  Therefor I think laws preventing people from driving are understandable since at that point you do have other people lives in your hands, some who don't even know it (oncoming traffic). 

585554291[/snapback]

I agreed with most of your posts but most people are not capable of judging whether they are able to drive safely while under the influence of drugs (myself included). Maybe you do have a tolerance, but how do you know for sure? Have you ever measured the difference in your reaction times before and after a spliff?

If you have fair enough, but if not, then how can you say you have a tolerance that allows you to drive safely. Just because you don't notice the effects as much, it does not mean they are not there. For me it is enough to know that alcohol and weed affect my cognitive abilities and reaction times, therefore I would never risk driving while under the influence of either of these and I think people who do are stupid and selfish.

Before you make assumptions based on the bullsh*t you learned in your high school health class from someone with a bachelors degree in education, you should read a few books on the subject of chemical use by people with doctorate degrees.  Yes some chemicals are good for you and some are bad, but most are both, they just require a little bit of education concerning their use, and above all things responsibilty and a little common sense.

585554323[/snapback]

Agreed.

Many people appear to put all illegal substances under the "bad" label and assume legal drugs must be "good". Why? Because it's what the government tells them to think through the school system and the media etc. They don't consider that the government does not in fact have an individual's best interests in mind, but their own. Drugs "education" in schools is not education because it is not enough to allow you to make a fully informed decision.

Smoking and drinking are potentially damaging to your health, but they will not be banned any time soon because it would cost to much in votes and taxes. When legalising currently illegal drugs can be profitable for a government in terms of votes and taxes (and power) it will happen.

In my opinion, anyone who blindly accepts that all illegal drugs are to be avoided without at least finding out their biological/chemical effects and deciding for themselves, is no better than someone who blindly accepts whatever drug they are offered without knowing what it could (or couldn't) do to them.

So am I getting the idea here from some of the non pro-weed people that we should ban it AND alcohol and ciggs because they're harmful and whatnot? Okay, why not ban going out and having fun? How about rock climbing? You can die from that, dangerous, skiiing? Bike Riding? Driving a Car? Or hell how about we make a law that says nobody can ever walk anywhere at anytime for fear that you might trip and crack your skull open :laugh:

It's weed people. It's not heroine or friggen cocaine, just because someone's a pothead doesn't mean their a drug addict, it means they enjoy the relaxation that it brings them, as someone said, the enhanced pleasures of food/sex/all things in general.

I consider myself a pretty intelligent guy, I smoke twice or three times a day , every day and it doesn't effect me in a bad way whatsoever. I've even been known to work more efficiently while under the influence of pot. It's illegal because some idiot said "Hey lets **** off the american people somehow and make something they LOVE illegal, i know, MARIJUANA!" and that's how it all started, it's not bad for you, it doesn't kill you, it's a life enhancing drug, and yes I know there are other ways to make your life exciting, but whatever it takes to make someone happy, I say let them do it.