Good News for the Pot Smokers

If you ask any well informed hospital doctor and they'll probably say that they see many patients who are psychotic from smoking pot.

585684065[/snapback]

they may very well see many 'psychotic patients' - however, to suggest that smoking pot is the sole reason for their psychosis is an unfounded and ignorant suggestion to make... :p

There is only one reason why pot is illegal... Because people can grow it incredibly easily with no processing. The gov't can't compete with or tax that. The gov't would love to make it like alcohol and cigs, except it can't, cause people could just grow it themselves.

I've never smoked pot, but sometimes I think I should. I have no idea how to relax and it could help. Personally I think that if you are not hurting anybody, what you do in your own home is your own business. Cigs are waaaay more harmful that pot, it has been proven, but there is as of yet no reall conclusive evidence as to the harmfulful of pot. Remember people, it has been around for thousands of years, just have to remember, everything in moderation.

There is only one reason why pot is illegal... Because people can grow it incredibly easily with no processing. The gov't can't compete with or tax that. The gov't would love to make it like alcohol and cigs, except it can't, cause people could just grow it themselves.

I've never smoked pot, but sometimes I think I should. I have no idea how to relax and it could help. Personally I think that if you are not hurting anybody, what you do in your own home is your own business. Cigs are waaaay more harmful that pot, it has been proven, but there is as of yet no reall conclusive evidence as to the harmfulful of pot. Remember people, it has been around for thousands of years, just have to remember, everything in moderation.

585686495[/snapback]

:yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

I am one of those people that went from anti-drug to drug understanding :p

I personally belive that weed in moderation is fine. alchohol and cigs are worse for other reasons. cigs are addictive unlike weed and alchohol is severly mood altering and you can poison yourself from it. There has and cannot ever be a case were you can OD from smoking weed... youll just fall aslep after awhile, and unlike alchohol it relaxes you.. so no drunken anger "wanna fight?" jerks. And unlike other drugs i find i can singularly concentrate on things better high (eg video games, movies, mundane tasks.. stuff to do in your own time) but it of course is a headache when trying to do many things at once.

Some people have mentioned they think pot should be "semi-legal. Well thats how i view it where i live right now (BC, Canada) where you can have like - what 2 plants? - growing legaly. Im sure the cops would only be interested in you if you had a grow-op or had enough on you to be trafficing.

But that all said I feel pot is for the night and weekends to of course relax by yourself or with a few friends

I'd rather buy it from a medical company, at least I can be 100% what is in it.

585547707[/snapback]

just dont buy it prechopped

u cant lace it with anything if its not chopped up

Well goodie for marijuana. It still shouldn't be made totally legal to use. Besides, they can isolate the part of it that is beneficial and that takes care of that.

585547414[/snapback]

I agree.

And lots of people get in accidents while driving and talking on a Cellphone.  Does that mean we should make Cellphones illegal? Hell no, but make laws that prohibit driving under the influence of drugs.  Simple.

585554225[/snapback]

DUI's??? And a couple miles away from me... talking on the cell phone in a moving car is illegal.

Luckly that's only your opinion, which is an opinion shared by fewer people everyday..

You drink alcohol by any chance? (beer, wine, coolers)? Since it is also a mind altering drug, which ofcourse you can OD on. (Unlike Marijuana)

585683910[/snapback]

No, I don't. Try another assumption.

they may very well see many 'psychotic patients' - however, to suggest that smoking pot is the sole reason for their psychosis is an unfounded and ignorant suggestion to make...  :p

585686477[/snapback]

Suppose it helps if you read the whole post instead of just a single sentence, because I clearly stated that many people use it without a problem.

And lots of people get in accidents while driving and talking on a Cellphone.  Does that mean we should make Cellphones illegal? Hell no, but make laws that prohibit driving under the influence of drugs.  Simple.

585554225[/snapback]

Do Cellphones alter your vision? Do cellphones kill brain cells after brain cells? Are cellphones illegal in the USA? Do cellphones kill your lungs and other organs? No. Simple right?

Do Cellphones alter your vision? Do cellphones kill brain cells after brain cells? Are cellphones illegal in the USA? Do cellphones kill your lungs and other organs? No. Simple right?

585687370[/snapback]

Cell phones slow your reaction time, as well as narrow your peripheral vision on the road. Sounds pretty similar to a drug to me.

Not to mention the fact that you cannot concentrate on driving AND the conversation at the same time. At least men can't.

Cell phones slow your reaction time, as well as narrow your peripheral vision on the road.  Sounds pretty similar to a drug to me.

585689340[/snapback]

At least when you put the phone down you are

theoretically back in control.

Oh please. For every 50 non-brilliant losers that smoke pot, i can show you 500 non-brilliant losers that dont smoke pot. Theres no proof whatsoever that pot kills brain cells(Find me an article that says so from a well respected source.) If pot is illegal so should alcohol, that is only fair since alcohol is in many ways worse for you than pot.

585678198[/snapback]

Ok http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofax/marijuana.html

Let the excuses fly. I would expect nothing less.

Have you ever smoked? I don't think you know what pot actually does to you....I am able to function perfectly while high, it's not like I'm going "OMG MAN I AM SO HIGH, IM A CAT AHAH LOLZ".

That's not what happens...just shows that the media has successfully brainwashed everyone into thinking pot turns you into a moron...morons give it a bad name.

lol. What does the media have anything to do with this? How about we take a look at people who actually know what they are talking about (see link above). And yes, marijuana smokers do give marijuana a "bad name".

I swear, some of the people posting in here are stoned. There's NO WAY some of these words can come out of a rational person's head

Ok http://www.nida.nih.gov/Infofax/marijuana.html

Let the excuses fly.  I would expect nothing less.

lol.  What does the media have anything to do with this?  How about we take a look at people who actually know what they are talking about (see link above).  And yes, marijuana smokers do give marijuana a "bad name".

I swear, some of the people posting in here are stoned.  There's NO WAY some of these words can come out of a rational person's head

585689405[/snapback]

LOL!

Great reply. Only stoners try to justify their addiction and ignore the simple facts.

He can show for every 50 'non-brilliant' stoners, he can show me 500 brilliant ones. So..based on the usage numbers in that article, that leaves 6200 'non-brilliant' potheads, and 3,093,800 brilliant druggies.

hehe...smoke some more brain cells away, folks. Maybe that number will grow. :laugh:

All I know is everyone is getting rather defensive for either side. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I see nothing wrong with it. It's like that song says:

My choice is what I choose to do

And if I?m causing no harm

It shouldn?t bother you

Your choice is who you choose to be

And if your causin? no harm

Then you?re alright with me

If you don?t like my fire

Then don?t come around

Ben Harper - Burn One Down

No matter how you feel about it, it exists, and the choice to use/not use it is up to you. I say we all stop bickering.

Peace and Love

All I know is everyone is getting rather defensive for either side. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally, I see nothing wrong with it. It's like that song says:

No matter how you feel about it, it exists, and the choice to use/not use it is up to you. I say we all stop bickering.

Peace and Love

585691444[/snapback]

Nevermind the fact that it is illegal in most places.

I don't understand how they can make pot illegal but make alcohol legal. Alcohol kills thousands of people each year yet there has been ZERO cases were a death has been linked directly to marijuana use.

Also what about cigarettes? Cigarettes also kill hundreds of thousands of people each year, yet they are still legal.

Obviously the government is not making it illegal for our safety. I don't see how anyone can say that smoking a joint is going to be worse for you than drinking a bottle of liquor or a pack of cigarettes. I know many people who have smoked pot for years and they don't have the horrible "smoker's caught" that cig smokers get.

People are just brainwashed with the propaganda that the government tries to shove down our throats. I mean look at Amsterdam? Marijuana is basically legal there. They have a lower usage of marijuana by teens than in the freakin US. Go figure.