Cilinder block in cast aluminium

Number of valves 40

Pneumatic distribution

Total displacement 2997 cm3

Magneti Marelli digital electronic injection

Magneti Marelli static electronic ignition

----------------------------------------------------------

2005-Ferrari-F2005-Rubens-Barrichello-1024x768.jpg

(from Ferrari Press Release)  The F2005 is the fifty first single-seater built by Ferrari specifically to compete in the Formula 1 World Championship. The design, which bears the internal code number 656, represents Ferrari?s more exhaustive interpretation of the 2005 technical regulations. The main elements, relating to aerodynamics are more advanced than on the F2004 M.

The chassis is lighter, despite the need to strengthen the lateral anti-intrusion panels within the monocoque to increase its ability to meet the requirements of the crash-test, which is stricter than in the past. The shape has been revised, with modifications to the opening of the side pods and the area around the turning vanes. The side pods have been adapted to accommodate the new cooling system.

The engine cover has been redesigned, as have the aerodynamic devices on the side pods, with a secondary winglet introduced in the area of the roll-hoop. The layout of the exhausts is fundamentally different to that of the previous car, eliminating the aerodynamic profile which characterised the rear section, which is now almost entirely integrated within the bodywork.

now thats a beauty! :y:woot:oot:

ferrari are going to use last years car for teh first few races while they still develope the F2005. if the competitors start off beating the ferrari then they will use the f2005 asap.

the mclaren is looking really nice too- they probably have the best line up of drivers- kimi and montoya :yes:

that guy on the ferrari looks like photoshopped  :unsure:  :huh:  :unsure:

585547689[/snapback]

its the lighting of the room along with hte flashes from the cameras- barichello is an excellent drivr- one of the most loved in current F1.

It's the best looking car on the grid. I'm biased I know, being 'Tifosi' since '78, but it's still a looker.

I like the way they have gone back to the 60's FIAT badge, cool.

I reckon 2005 will be a great year for F1, I can't wait until Sunday morning.

I love the Ferrari F1 cars, and the team in general. I however LOATHE Schumacher. Countless times I've seen him nudge people off the track or into another car on purpose (in car camera shows him turning the wheel to hit them). I can't believe he's still allowed to race. Good driver, but very nasty. Barichello's cool though.

Am i reading that right? The engine is only a 3 litre V10... Suprising... I was expecting some sort of hybrid Motorbike V12 10 litre behemouth...

Still cool though

585547678[/snapback]

AFAIK F1 cars arent allowed to be more than 3 litres

one sweet ride that

amazing the power that comes out of that 3litre V10

c'mon kimi he is the next champion

but does anybody else agree with me and think the new tyre rule is crap cos it doesn't allow any action because u got to care for your tyres

you should let them drive like mad for 1 and a half hours stupid max mosely

COME ON KIMI

but yea good ferrari F2005

oh ****... its got AMD written on the tail wing **** man

585548076[/snapback]

AMD sponsors them and they use AMD rig's to design them

kinda like that

one sweet ride that

amazing the power that comes out of that 3litre V10

c'mon kimi he is the next champion

but does anybody else agree with me and think the new tyre rule is crap cos it doesn't allow any action because u got to care for your tyres

you should let them drive like mad for 1 and a half hours stupid max mosely

COME ON KIMI

but yea good ferrari F2005

585591986[/snapback]

I think the new tire rule is fantastic! It not only creates more competition, but it will translate into longer lasting consumer tires. If the driver is forced to be more conscientious of their driving, it will only allow the better drivers and engineers to stand out more. What's wrong with that?