UK Free iPod Shuffle dispatched!

Why don't people realise that pyramid schemes cause an overall loss to society and are an ultimately selfish way of making a quick buck.

Basically the first guy to deposit $10 has to get 4 other people to deposit $10, otherwise s/he has jsut wasted $10. Once those 4 people have deposited $10, the first guy is safe and has a shuffle, but each of those people have to get 4 of their friends to deposit $10 otherwise they are screwed. And so this coninues. Eventually you find that no matter what happens the majorityof people end up spending 10 quid on nothing.

If there are 21 people involved, 16 have wasted $10 while 5 have got a shuffle

If there are 1,365 people involved, 1024 have waster $10 while only 341 have recieved a shuffle

If 5.7 billion people (almsot population of world) are involved, 75% of those will have wasted $10

This scheme may have small differences, but ultimately all pyramid schemes which require 4 referals and single level payments end up with well over 3 times the number of people worse off than better off.

It might be good for you if you're one of the lucky people near the top of the pyramid, but ultimately the world and the people you refer are worse off.

not really, in this case 75% (roughly) of anyone who tries out ends up wasting $10. The only way someone can avoid waasting $10 is by refering 4 more people, and thus it continues until either people cant be bothered and accept that they've lost $10 or everyone in the world has applied and the limit is reached by the finite population. Of course the case is usually the former, but you get my point, no?

I don't think it affects the ENTIRE world, you are just making a grand naive assumption. Since it is UK based, thus it affects only people in the UK, but I would hardly say it affects EVERYONE! Get my point, no? That ?10 is not a waste, in fact, you receive ?10 extra to use in Game Account, I just use that to play and win for money, it's a gamble, but at least you have completed an offer yourself. 75%, where did your figures from? Did you research into all this all of a sudden, this is a new referral based scheme, the first in the UK. Moreover, the whole population is obviously not going to deposit ?10. I would say, only the people who have a credit card or paypal will deposit ?10, that's not the whole world now is it?

It might be good for you if you're one of the lucky people near the top of the pyramid, but ultimately the world and the people you refer are worse off.

585574771[/snapback]

Basically, you are clearly stating that the people who deposit ?10 are worse off than people such as those living in some third world countries, without food, water, shelter and the basic essentials. I beg to differ!

I would hardly call it a pyramid scheme, there is no list that you have to enter (by buying a ?20 gift or something, that's what you call a waste, you're not even going to use it) and wait until you get to the top. Anyone can try for the referrals and not wait until it is their turn next. So basically, everyone has a chance to complete the four refs. Blackima, clearly you are cynical.

My order was "Pending" Then they deleted my order, my referals etc! Wasnt happ:(:(

585576018[/snapback]

Initially, there were two free offers, "injury compensation" and "freedom finance". Without a doubt, the great majority entered fraudulent details, thus the companies aforesaid refused to pay the owner. Alan, the owner, decided to void all offers completed with such offers. There is an announcement regarding this at the top of the website.:):)

So, when you sign up, you have to pay ?10 and refer 4 or 6 people. Do the other people also have to pay ?10 or do they just have to sign up for you to get your free ipod shuffle?

So, when you sign up, you have to pay ?10 and refer 4 or 6 people. Do the other people also have to pay ?10 or do they just have to sign up for you to get your free ipod shuffle?

Your referrals also need to pay ?10.

585576064[/snapback]

Yes, that is if you do the "Game Account" offer and your referrals also do the same. You are free to choose which offer you which to complete, you are not restricted to just the "Game Account" offer.

<sigh>

I guess there is no point in preaching to people who cannot understand, and that's ok.

I just thought you people might be interested to know how these thigns work. You say it is a brand new scheme, but it is just another pyramid scheme where there are 4 referals needed and the pay back is one level up and that payback is in the form of a shuffle.

I got the 75% figure because

4^1 + 4^2 + 4^3.....4^n = 0.75 * 4^n+1 (the 0.75 is tended to, it actually starts off as 0.80 when using small values of n)

It's just simple maths, and the people who designed the scheme required rather simple maths to create the risk benefit assesment.

Yes yes, for you life is, good, you spent ?10 and got an ipod shuffle and the ?10 back. But no matter what happens, 75% of all those who take part will not get a shuffle after spending ?10. Fro 25% of people this is a great scheme, and yes, you do get a shuffle, but for the other 75%, it's just a scam.

I won't bother wasting my time explaining the maths to you, it's quite simple (here's a hint: 1,4,16,64,256,1024). I found it very interesting to work out exactly how these companies manage to make a profit (and boy do they get a lot of profit), and they really are very clever because few people can see the effects of their actions and ultimately everyone is out there for their own self interest.

Which is fine, that's how Adam Smith's view of our economy works, which is why this website is such a clever one.

I was just hoping people would have some curiosity as to how a company can possibley get anything out of giving away ipod shuffles....I guess I'm the only one

Ah well, at the end of the day

I still have my moral fiber intact

And you still have your state of blissful ignorance

And your ipod shuffle

ok ok, fine

enjoy you're ipod shuffle, i hear they are quite snazzy

:rolleyes:

Whenever I see these pyramid schmes or adapted versions, I always wondered how anyone could not see the math involved and realise that it is an ultimately selfish thing to do.

I guess now I've learnt that

a) People don't actually sit down and think "what's the catch" and if they do, can't be bothered to work out what it is

b) People don't really care about any deadweight loses to society. If they get something out of it, so what if they are condemning their friends, at least they get a new toy.

Which is a useful thing to know

So you didnt get a ipod for free ... you payed 10 quid. Also you may not see a list of people like in a pyramid scheme but its sure there.

Well Insted of doing this scam i just donated another ?10 quid to the tunami Fund through iTunes.

So you didnt get a ipod for free ... you payed 10 quid. Also you may not see a list of people like in a pyramid scheme but its sure there.

Well Insted of doing this scam i just donated another ?10 quid to the tunami Fund through iTunes.

585576330[/snapback]

It's a scam because I'm getting my iPod Shuffle FREE? :blink::

It is free, you deposit ?10 and you receive ?10 extra free!

585576354[/snapback]

What cash in my hand or into a gambling account ??? and ?10 of my own money that i will see again ??