Bropia varient spreading through MSN Messenger

There is a new Bropia varient that sends a message through MSN Messenger which says

This is a virus, I'm not stupid enough to open it, but lots of noobs are, it has thus become my responsibility to help these stupid noobs take it off their computers.

I've looked on all the Security websites and can't find anything on this varient, all I can find is

OMG this is... a virus!

dwergs says:

Judging from the reports, a probable new Bropia variant is spreading over MSN Messenger like wildfire. If you receive a message similar to: "omg this is funny!" followed by a hyperlink to cute.pif (located at a random domain) do NOT click the link and inform the sender he or she is infected. You can take it as a general rule never to accept or click .pif files.

UPDATE: Sorry for double-posting this. Like Sean advised: "All messers should make sure their anti-virus software is up-to-date."

[Reported by: Adam, kinky_master!, Mwe99 & TML]

from http://www.mess.be/

It is also my understanding that Bropia is a trojan that also loads other viruses like W32.Spybot.Worm so current anti-virus will only remove the Worms that Bropia futher downloads, but not the Trojan itself.

If anyone could help me in finding removal instructions for this Trojan/Worm, or a removal tool that is completely effective at complete removal, or any info about it at all, it will be appriciated.

Quick Reply.

Woke up this morning a friend had sent me the links i recognised streight away that he didnt even know he was doing so.

have seen these things before these have the potential to spread at incredible speeds recieving links from a contact like that its just to easy to fall for.