• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[Canada] Want to buy a new car

OrangeSoul    0

Im a student and want to buy a new car instead of used. My preferences include Toyota, Honda and Hyundai and i live in canada, any suggestions which is best way to around buying a car

Joel    26

Hyundai Elantra GT or SE. The Hyundais are now rating higher than the Hondas and Toyotas.

Jaded    0

Umm make the sales man work for the sale, as in dont take the first offer (price) he gives. If it they dont want to haggle or drop the price to what you feel is fair (as long as it is reasonable), be prepared to walk out the door. Usually they will go "talk" to their manager then come back and say whether the offer is approved or denied. If they come back on the first or second offer and say it cant be budged from where it is and dont couter-offer, walk out the door. Chances are they will stop you and say they can see what they can do, 95% of the time you will see the price *magically* drop at least a few hundred because of this.

sim1    0

I would look for maybe a Toyota Echo? or a Corolla or maybe a Civic something like that...

Hyundai's are getting better but I still prefer Japanese cars than Koreans.

Hope this helps

-sim1

Jaded    0

Um guys, I think he is asking how to buy a car, not what car to buy.

*edit* I also forgot to say, it might take even a few days to a few weeks to finally get a price you can live with. This might even take trips to several dealerships if other ones are not willing to budge any farther. Also it helps to know the recomended dealer selling price and the price they get the cars for, this can be found online, so you have a line you know they will not go past, unless the salesperson is really 'hungry'. Lastly it also helps to do all this near the end of the month. The reason being is some dealerships have quota's or incentives that are usually monthly/yearly. So if you get a salesperson that is low for that month, they will be much more willing to haggle for the car.

Edited by Jaded

Joel    26

Test drive a lot, as much as you want. Try to imagine being in that car for a 5 hour drive, make sure that it's comfortable and supportive. Compare the included options for the price. Compare warranties.

OrangeSoul    0

thanks alot