New Zelda trailer now available!

I dont know about that :/ I am a huge zelda fan but I felt that in video the animations weren't very fluid and a couple of the rooms were kinda sad (link vs the spider and its back clipping though the ground in a dull room) I just beat ninja gaiden yesterday and have played resident evil 4 and I guess I have been spoiled by the great graphics lately

I dont know if it lives up to graphics of other games especially by the end of the year

Regardless I will preorder this game and rush out to get it the morning it comes out

585600274[/snapback]

Who cares about graphics when Link is riding a freaking BOAR! As someone said on another forum, it is the SUV of riding animals. That should be reason enough for you to buy the game. Plus the Goron vs. Link sumo wrestling match.

@ ragn4rokk 2.0: Also at the end of Wind Waker this was said that hints this next game will not be Hyrule:

Tetra: We have a ship.. we could find it! We could find the new Hyrule!

King: (smiles) No.. it won't be Hyrule. ..It will be your land!

post-4044-1110522537.jpg

Games like this and Resident Evil make me happy that I have a gamecube. :p

I loved Ocarina of Time. It was and probably still is my favorite video game of all time. :D

-bYtE,Mar 11 2005, 03:46]It looks like we will meet a new deku tree or something... Looks like a walking tree to me.

585600721[/snapback]

You could be definitely right. There was that little guy in Wind Waker who was going around to different islands planting deku seeds.

To me it looks like that supposed yeti from GTA: SA. Somehow that b@stard crossed over systems and ended up in this game!

X-Byte..... don't think so. unless it mystically awakens, in the one shot before it get's to that scene of the movie, you can kinda tell that the figure in that pic is nothing but a statue. i mean, it doesn't move at all for the short time that you see it. even in that pic it doesn't appear to be looking at Link.

jmole, it more than likely will be Hyrule, yes, but probably not following along in the timeline after Wind Waker. Wind Waker was more than likely just went off on a side-track. it'll probably take place after OoT or MM, and using most of the new stuff they were testing with Wind Waker, such as the awesome fighting style.

jmole, it more than likely will be Hyrule, yes, but probably not following along in the timeline after Wind Waker.  Wind Waker was more than likely just went off on a side-track.  it'll probably take place after OoT or MM, and using most of the new stuff they were testing with Wind Waker, such as the awesome fighting style.

585601396[/snapback]

Gah, it came straight out of the producers mouth that this game is set after the events of Wind Waker. There shouldn' even be a debate:
"The next grand Zelda game, which follows chronologically after the Wind Waker..."

In the trailer it even looks like he is fighting those goblin-like creatures that inhabit the Wind Waker world. I am guessing that Tetra and the kid from Wind Waker probably discovered a new land and founded a new Hyrule.

I should find the link to the Penny Arcade forum where there was like a 60 page discussion on the timeline of the series. They can explain it alot better then I can.

Edited by jmole

who really knows when this game takes place lets find out when it comes out...come on Zelda fans fighting lets be happy its coming

timelines-simelines

Do you guys notice the sound makes when he pick up the cat??? didnt know cats were heavy for him to yell like that...maybe its the cats claws sinking in his skin (i would yell to then, then toss the cat)

Do you guys notice the sound makes when he pick up the cat??? didnt know cats were heavy for him to yell like that...maybe its the cats claws sinking in his skin (i would yell to then, then toss the cat)

585602904[/snapback]

Well in every Zelda game you could pick up chickens and Link would always make grunting noises like he was lifting a heavy boulder or something. You made me think though, I wonder if you start attacking cats, will a whole horde of cats come out of nowhere and attack you just like with the chickens?! I think that would be pretty hilarious if you could throw cats at enemies though, Link would be like that crazy cat lady on the Simpson's who is covered in cats and is always throwing cats at people.

Even if it is set chronologically after Wind Waker, nothing's been said about what world it takes place in.

Think about it: Adventure of Link came after Legend of Zelda. Majora's Mask came after Ocarina of Time. Wind Waker came after everything else. Yet none of those games actually take place in the same world. So just because the next game follows Wind Waker in the Zelda timeline doesn't mean it'll take place in the same time period as Wind Waker. It doesn't mean it's the same Link. It doesn't mean anything.

who really knows when this game takes place lets find out when it comes out...come on Zelda fans fighting lets be happy its coming

timelines-simelines

585601901[/snapback]

The director of the title even said it's the same Link, and it takes place after Wind Waker. And I can believe it, the art style is actually somewhat similar to Wind Waker despite the lack of cel shading. Look at the explosion of smoke when an enemy dies, and the flash when your sword connects with the enemy, it's the same.

I missed page 4 of this thread :blush:

Sorry about that.

edit:

Well, read through it and I'm still not convinced about anything, though jmole did make a really good point when he quoted Tetra and the King at the end of Wind Waker.

But I still don't think it's the same Link.

Well in every Zelda game you could pick up chickens and Link would always make grunting noises like he was lifting a heavy boulder or something.  You made me think though, I wonder if you start attacking cats, will a whole horde of cats come out of nowhere and attack you just like with the chickens?!  I think that would be pretty hilarious if you could throw cats at enemies though, Link would be like that crazy cat lady on the Simpson's who is covered in cats and is always throwing cats at people.

585602944[/snapback]

link uses a bottle....

"you have put a cat in a bottle" set it "Y" "X" or "Z" and toss it on enemies

when you die a cat....hmmm no ideals someone finish this

Heh.

I was just thinking... what if there was a Zelda game that had a Link that travelled through the different time periods of the Zelda timeline, like an extension of Link's seven year stasis in OoT. You could play as one Link and meet the Links of the past and future... or something.

Meh. The thought just crossed my mind and I thought I might as well share it.

Gosh that is going to be sweet!!! I need to get a gamecube now! I have wanted one for the wind waker but never got around to it but now that this one is coming out, gotta get it.

the music in the trailer, i wonder if its by Basil Poledouris, his music is in the Wind Waker and the Ocarina of time trailers, which are from the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack "Riddle of Steel/Riders of Doom" anyone know?

would be nice if thats the in-game music also...nobody could top them

Edited by dolimite35

the music in the trailer, i wonder if its by Basil Poledouris, his music is in the Wind Waker and the Ocarina of time trailers, which are from the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack "Riddle of Steel/Riders of Doom" anyone know?

would be nice if thats the in-game music also...nobody could top them

585608761[/snapback]

The song in this trailer sounded like a remix of the dungeon music from A Link to the Past.

To all those replying about it looks like Ocarina of Time, wtf. I guess in terms of Presentation yes, epona and the fields and ****, but of course the various towns will be different. I don't know why they are still using the same races, although I guess some were in waker (I never finished it :cry:). LOoKs AMazing though, I can't wait.

They're more than likely assuming this new game is a remake of the original Legend of Zelda. I'd been thinking that myself, for a while.

Now, though, I'm pretty sure it's a completely new game.